Papaya is among the most effective natural remedies for acne and has been used to keep the skin healthy for centuries. Because it is available all year round, it is perfect in addressing skin care problems no matter when your breakouts start.
What Makes the Papaya One of the Most Effective Natural Remedies for Acne?
- Papaya has an abundant supply of Vitamin A, a potent antioxidant. Antioxidants neutralize the effects of free radicals, harmful molecules that trigger skin cell damage. Vitamin A is known as one of the most efficient antioxidants discovered, with its ability to normalize different skin functions and correct skin conditions. It also proves as an amazing anti-aging agent because of its ability to thicken the skin’s dermis, which contains the elastin, collagen and blood vessels that work on keeping your skin smooth and younger-looking.
- Papaya also contains “papain,” an enzyme that helps exfoliate your skin the gentlest way possible. Papain removes the dead skin cells that block your pore openings, therefore preventing the growth of pimples, blackheads and whiteheads.
- Papaya is a good source of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), a substance more commonly used in chemical peels. Similar to how papain functions, AHA also aids in keeping dead skin cells from clogging up your pores. It does this by helping the skin regenerate properly, causing the dead skin cells to fall off and revealing fresher and smoother skin.
- Papaya also has the ability to keep your skin youthful-looking by evening out your skin tone. It helps remove blemishes and dark spots, especially when mixed with milk and applied on the skin’s surface. It makes the skin firm, giving it a youthful glow.
- Papaya proves to be very efficient at what it does, showing direct results after only a few uses. Other natural remedies for acne may take weeks and months before showing the improvement you’ve been waiting for. Papaya is great if you are hoping for faster visible results.
- Papaya contains generous amounts of beta-carotene, also a popular antioxidant. Beta-carotene is a form of carotenoid that is converted into one of Vitamin A’s most beneficial forms, retinol. Similar to how Vitamin A works, beta-carotene is a potent antioxidant and helps contain and prevent any damage on the skin caused by free radicals.
All these contribute to making the papaya fruit one of the most effective natural remedies for acne. Although more studies are being done to further substantiate the amazing effects of this fruit, countless personal testimonies by people who have eaten and used papaya for years cannot be denied. Scientific research have yet to discover the real extent of papaya as far as keeping the skin healthy is concerned, but the fruit has gathered quite a huge following despite the fact that the scientific world has yet to give its stamp of approval on all the direct effects of papaya on the skin. As far as those who believe in the magic of papaya are concerned, there is overwhelming evidence that papaya truly is a big blessing for those individuals who are conscious of their skin.