Having a pimple can be upsetting. But having a lot of pimples which don’t seem to be go away can also be tirelessly frustrating. Acne treatment tips often advise you on what to do to make the acne go away when you already have it but it also pays off to know the factors which make acne worse so that you can avoid aggravating your skin condition.
Here are the things you ought to avoid doing so you won’t make your acne worse:
- Popping your zits – It can be very tempting to pop your pimples, but doing so will cause scarring and further infection. If it feels itchy, use a clean facial tissue to dab on your face.
- Frequently touching your face – Doing this irritates your face and pushes oil as well as bacteria further into your pore. Leaning your chin on your hand and just touching your face with the tips of your fingers can bring more dirt. Remember that throughout the day, your hands get very dirty and you should avoid touching your face—acne-prone or not, to avoid irritation.
- Sweat from exercising – Sweating is good to naturally detoxify your system. However, you must remember that if you do not wash off sweat from exercising, it will lead to clogged pores that have accumulated oil and sweat. Take a bath after exercising, or wipe off your sweat with clean facial tissues.
- Having bangs or not tying your hair up – Your hair is another source of oil which can potentially irritate your face. Avoid having bangs when you have acne prone skin, and tie your hair up while exercising.
- Wearing too much makeup – Heavy makeup gives your skin a hard time to breathe and recuperate naturally. If you can, invest on mineral foundation which is light and gentle on your skin and make sure to completely wash your face before sleeping.
- Washing your face too much – Over washing your face makes your skin produce more oil to compensate for the moisture stripped from washing. Wash your face no more than twice a day and allow your skin to produce its natural moisture.
- Eating oily and high-sugar food – Enjoying those French fries and other deep-fried goodies can store up extra fat in your system! Instead of snacking on oil-rich foods, munch on fruits and healthy salads instead to naturally detoxify and have the needed vitamins for your skin. Acne treatment tips often mention green juicing as the healthy substitute to sodas and instant drinks.
- Drinking processed milk – Processed milk contains hormones—this is because cows used to harvest the milk from have been treated to produce more milk. Choose organic milk from grass-fed cows instead.
- Getting stressed and not sleeping – Classic acne treatment tips include being stress-free and getting enough sleep. These factors affect your internal hormone levels and by getting stressed, you can expect more frequent breakouts. Not getting enough sleep leads to stress and hormone imbalance as well so make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
Avoid doing these things to lessen the severity of your acne breakouts!