Aside from the real-time visible effects of acne on your skin, the long-term results are just as dreaded. The scars that acne leaves are just as stressful as the acne itself and are often harder to get rid of. Of course, nothing could work better on your skin than natural ingredients that do not have the same adverse effects that synthetic ingredients do. Essential oils for acne scars have proven to be most effective and are often gentle enough not to do more damage on your skin. Here are a few essential oils for acne scars that you can try:
- Frankincense Essential Oil – Frankincense is quite popular not only for its religious reference, but for its potent powers in treating acne and fading acne scars. Because of its antiseptic properties, it has the ability to kill all acne-causing bacteria on your skin, making way for clearer skin. It also has the ability to tone and lift the skin, making it easier for acne scars to fade over time. It is used in a lot of anti-aging products as it has proven to delay the visible signs of aging. A few drops every night should do the trick, with visible effects showing after a few weeks.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil – Sandalwood has proven to be a very effective cicatrisant, which means that it boosts the speed at which wounds are healed. This makes it a perfect ingredient for acne and acne scars. As an emollient, it keeps the skin smooth and acne-free, and its anti-inflammatory properties help get rid of acne faster.
- Galbanum Essential Oil – Another effective cicatrisant, galbanum essential oils are great at getting rid of acne scars. With regular application, it helps the skin heal more effectively, making scars and blemishes fade quicker than other scar treatments. It replaces old skin cells and boosts the production of new ones, giving way to fresh and healthy skin. It is also a potent detoxifier, which makes it a big help for those who frequently suffer from acne. By getting rid of the harmful toxins in the bloodstream, it lessens the presence of the dirt that causes acne to grow. It is a potent emollient, giving your skin a younger and rejuvenated look. It is equally effective in getting rid of stretch marks as well.
- Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender oil has always been a favorite ingredient for skin care products because of its soft, relaxing scent. What could be its more important role however, is the fact that it has the ability to fade acne scars efficiently. It is a known cicatrisant and helps boost the production of fresh skin tissues to help fade scars, blemishes and other skin impurities.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil – Tea tree oil is another skin care favorite with benefits that cover almost everything in skin care. Its effects against acne have been proven to be effective, and it has equally potent abilities to fade acne scars as well.
With the essential oils for acne scars, you can enjoy clearer skin the natural way.