Your kitchen is a great place to look for ingredients to come up with your anti-acne diet or for natural acne remedies. You don’t need to spend much to have a natural skin care regimen especially for exfoliation. If you are looking for a friendly and natural way to slough off the layer of dead skin cells you have, you ought to learn more about the benefits of brown sugar on the skin.
Benefits of Brown Sugar on the Skin
When it comes to anti-acne diets, it is advised to avoid foods that have a lot of sugar in them because this can cause those unwanted acne breakouts. However, the benefits of brown sugar on the skin can be experienced without having to ruin your diet with an extra intake of sugar!
Every once in a while—more particularly about twice week—your skin needs to be exfoliated. This is because your skin can get clogged up with dead skin cells, product buildup, dirt, and bacteria. All of these can cause those unwanted breakouts. Clearing your skin can help reduce breakouts by allowing it to breathe more naturally when you unclog your pores through exfoliation.
Brown sugar has several benefits which will make you want to have a jar of it all the time for your beauty needs. Here’s why you shouldn’t disregard the wonder of brown sugar for your skin:
- It is more affordable than commercially-produced scrubs. There are commercial scrubs made of ingredients that eventually melt. Some are called beads, salts, or simply scrubs, but brown sugar is the safer and more affordable alternative.
- Compared to salt scrubs, brown sugar is gentler and can give you a deeper exfoliation. Salt scrubs have bigger particles which can cause tearing on your skin. With the smaller particles of brown sugar, you get a gentler cleaning action. Since it will melt after a while, you also won’t cause tearing because the water or other ingredients you use in combination with it can help soften the sugar crystals sooner.
- Brown sugar has glycolic acid. This alpha-hydroxyl acid has bacteria-fighting properties that can counter acne-causing bacteria while making your skin look healthier and more youthful.
- Being a natural humectant, brown sugar helps retain as much moisture as possible during the moisturizing process. When you use it in combination with water or honey, it will help retain more moisture on your skin.
- The smaller particles are gentler on your face and can give better stimulation for improved blood circulation all over the face.
- When used regularly, this gentle facial scrub can also help reduce uneven skin tone by acting as an exfoliator, making it possible to even out your skin’s complexion.
- It is all-natural. Probably the best part is knowing that your facial scrub is a natural ingredient with no harmful chemicals daunting to damage your skin.
Think of all these benefits and make use of brown sugar for your skin regimen instead of harsh chemicals. This way you get to have naturally glowing skin without having to spend on expensive services and products!