What Are Whiteheads?
Whiteheads are another form of Acne Vulgaris that form beneath the surface of the skin thus the white color. Whiteheads occur on the face the same way that blackheads do. They form when oil and dirt clog the hair follicles. There are natural ways on how to get rid of whiteheads to prevent it from further swelling and resulting in full-blown acne.
Natural Ingredients to Remove Whiteheads
There are many natural ingredients that can be found in the refrigerator which anyone can use to get rid of whiteheads.
- One of the most widely used ways on how to get rid of whiteheads is vinegar and cornstarch. Just be careful with using this though as vinegar can make the skin very sensitive. Mix parts of vinegar and parts of cornstarch to form a thick paste. Use this like a facial mask and massage onto the skin. Leave on for 15-30 minutes then rinse with warm water.
- Another natural facial mask is a mixture of a pinch of salt, two teaspoons of freshly squeezed lime juice, and about 50 ml of fresh milk. They can use this mixture as a cleansing lotion to remove whiteheads.
- Steaming before exfoliating is also a good natural way on how people can remove whiteheads. Boil some water and transfer to a container. Put the head close to the container to let the steam touch the face. Cover the head and shoulders with a towel to trap the steam inside and open pores better. Exfoliate after to get rid of whiteheads.
Proper Diet Can Reduce Whiteheads
Diet also plays a huge role on how to remove whiteheads. Highly nutritious and fibrous foods are beneficial in removing and preventing whiteheads from forming. Fruits, vegetables whole grains and nuts are some of the foods that anyone should eat often. Take note of foods that contain high amounts of Vitamin A, E and B2 as foods rich in these vitamins help prevent the occurrence of whiteheads. Milk, yogurt and green leafy vegetables should also be included in their diet. Drinking lots of water every day is also important in removing whiteheads. Stay away from fatty foods like red meat as these contain high amounts of animal fat which can trigger the formation of whiteheads.
Right Method for Squeezing Whiteheads
Squeezing is another way to get rid of whiteheads but is hardly advised since it can cause scarring on the face. But if fighting the urge to squeeze becomes really hard, do it the proper way.
- Wash hands and face thoroughly then steam the face for about 10-15 minutes.
- Put one finger from each hand on the sides of the whitehead and apply a steady pressure on it.
- It should pop the whitehead out.
It is actually better if natural treatment products are used instead of squeezing like Exposed Skin Care to remove whiteheads. Exposed Skin Care contains natural ingredients so it should be safe to use even for those with sensitive skin.
These steps on how to get rid of whiteheads can help people achieve flawless and great looking skin when followed religiously. They have to make sure though that they are not allergic to any of such natural ingredients for an effective healing of whiteheads.