Who doesn’t love exercising? Not only does it get your blood pumping and your mood up but it also helps you get rid of toxins by way of your sweat. Exercising is perhaps one of the best things you can do for your body and for your skin but unless you know how to take care of your skin after you exercise, it can bring about some unexpected and unpleasant results in the form of acne breakouts.
If you exercise regularly and you find yourself breaking out every time, then you are doing something wrong or you are not doing the right things after you work out. Remember that when you sweat and exercise, your pores open up and if you are not careful, junk and bacteria could crawl in and cause havoc. So what can you do to prevent breakouts after exercise sessions? Check out some of the tips below. They are very easy to follow and you cannot go wrong.
Prevent Breakouts After Exercise
If you want to prevent acne after you go to the gym, then you need to practice constant vigilance. Take heed, the tips you find below are all free and you do not have to do anything to achieve results.
- Wash your face or run a damp cloth all over your body – if you are one of those people that live a bit far from the gym and do not like to take a shower at the facilities then carry a wash cloth with you. Once you are done working out make sure you go to the bathroom and do a quick rub down with a wet washcloth. The reason for this is you want to get rid of any sweat on your skin that may serve as breeding ground for bacteria. Just a quick 5 minute rub down with a wash cloth and you should be fine.
- Change your clothes – do you know that damp clothes are a breeding ground for acne-causing bacteria? Now if your clothes are wet with sweat right after your workout what you can do is change your clothes right away so that bacteria do not have the chance to fester on your clothes and infect your skin. You may want to invest in some exercise clothes made out of moisture-wicking fabric so sweat doesn’t stay on your skin. They might be pricey but an acne-free skin after working out is definitely worth it.
- Wash your hands – you might not notice it but you will constantly be touching your face while you work up a sweat and this is why it is very important to wash your hands. If you count the number of people that use gym equipment, you will see the reason for this. You can even try carrying around a bottle of antibacterial spray to use on the equipment you handle.
If you really want acne-free skin after you work out then you will need to be extra vigilant with your hygiene. Try out these steps and you will surely see the difference.
Your body reacts differently to your lifestyle, diet, and environment. These factors, among all others, contribute to the health of your skin. When you are stressed out, exposed to pollution, or simply fond of an imbalanced diet, all of these factors may reflect on your skin, and you may be experiencing acne breakouts. The good news is there are foods good for acne that can help lessen the breakouts by helping your body become healthy from within.
Foods Good for Acne
Being mindful of your daily intake can help reduce the frequency of your breakouts, as well as the severity of your acne. Generally speaking, here are some food Dos and Don’ts when it comes to maintaining balance in your diet to help prevent or remedy acne:
- Water – Drink a lot of water to naturally flush out toxins from your system. Water naturally hydrates your system. Therefore, it reduces the need for your skin to produce oil to replenish lost moisture. Drink at least 8 glasses daily for a good amount of water in your system.
- Fiber – Whole grains and fibrous fruits and vegetables can aid water in detoxifying your system to have clear skin. Eat more leafy green vegetables, and supplement those with fruits and oatmeal for breakfast.
- Oily food – Avoid deep fried food, particularly fast food. Anything that has too much oil will add to the stored oil in your system which will lodge into your cells and add to the triggers of acne breakouts and oily skin.
Anti-inflammatory Foods Good for Acne
Acne is often accompanied by inflammation. Inflammation is a symptom of internal imbalance which can be remedied by including anti-inflammatory foods good for acne into your diet. Include the following items into your diet and see a good reduction of inflammation and lessen acne breakout severity:
- Fatty fish – Omega-3-rich fish such as salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines have the ability to reduce inflammation, especially if taken on a regular basis. If you cannot make room for fatty fish in your diet, consider getting high-quality omega-3 capsules or fish oil supplements.
- Nuts – Almonds in particular have a good amount of vitamin E, calcium, fiber, as well as omega-3. This is a truly power-packed anti-inflammatory food item you should try incorporating into your diet. Nuts in general are packed with antioxidants and can help you fight damages that are caused by acne inflammation.
- Soy – This condiment contains isoflavones that have properties which make them act like estrogen. Estrogen is one of the main hormones behind acne, and balancing it out through the intake of soy products can help reduce your breakouts naturally and ease the inflammation.
- Pepper – Capsaicin found in peppers give them their hot flavor, but it is also one of the ingredients used for topical creams that help reduce acne and the pain and inflammation that come with it.
If you add these anti-inflammatory foods to your diet, you will notice a natural change in your skin and how being conscious of your diet helps in preventing further breakouts!