Cabbage is an underestimated leafy green vegetable that actually has quite a lot of benefits when it comes to providing you with clear skin. If you are looking for an accessible and easy to consume vegetable which can give you the clear skin you’ve always wanted, cabbage is one of the best home remedies for acne that you can find.
What are the Properties of Cabbage?
Despite being underrated, you may still want to consider the following properties that cabbages have for you and these are what make them some of the best home remedies for acne:
- Cabbages help in cleansing your system, especially your bowel. This is connected to your skin concerns because a bowel system which is unhealthy traps more toxins and irritants which may lead to acne.
- Cabbages are also great for weight management and since you can eat more of these healthy greens instead of oily food, you can lessen your oil intake while cleansing your body of toxins which have piled up from consumption of unhealthy food.
- These leaves have great skin healing properties. Cabbages can be used as a poultice to soothe skin ailments like eczema, rashes, insect bites, psoriasis, leg ulcers, and acne as well. Since it has a high amount of liquid content compared to dark green veggies, cabbages can cool and calm your skin when used as a poultice.
- Cabbages are a rich source of sulfur, and this is one of the minerals that your skin needs. Especially true for those who are suffering from oily skin, sulfur from cabbages can help in naturally drying up the overproduction of oil. Sulfur is also essential for the production of keratin which is essential for skin health. When you consume more cabbages, the sulfur content is what is behind its detoxifying effect that flushes out toxins and bacteria from your system.
- Rich in vitamin C, cabbages can help clear up acne by giving you this vitamin which is essential for skin health. Vitamin C can regulate oil production and is also responsible for promoting healthier skin cell growth. It also achieves anti-aging effects and protects your skin from the harmful UV rays from the sun.
Best Home Remedies for Acne
You can use cabbage as a poultice which you can apply on skin eruptions like acne, psoriasis, or eczema. Grate some cabbages or process it in a blender with some water. Using a cloth to gather the grated leaves in place, you can apply it onto the affected area for 15 minutes. For a more direct approach, you can place thoroughly crushed or grated leaves onto the problem areas.
A great way to benefit from cabbage for clearer skin is by eating it. Include it in most recipes which call for leafy greens, or make a healthy green juice by placing some cabbage into your juicer. Combine it with other healthy fruits for your skin such as apples, oranges, or pears and enjoy this refreshing and skin clearing drink!
You need not go very far to find effective acne clearing products for clear and radiant skin. With just some simple kitchen ingredients, you can make your acne go away and prevent upcoming breakouts from worsening. The star of this acne remedy article is corn starch and plain H2O. These easy to acquire ingredients can be made as a healthy solution to fight acne naturally and take care of your annoying acne concerns!
Ingredients and Procedures for Preparing and Using this Simple Anti-Acne Mask
Make sure you get clean water for this home remedy for acne. Room temperature water will do. Get about a tablespoonful of cornstarch and place it in a small container. Gradually add in the water and mix your ingredients thoroughly. Do this slowly since adding too much water can result in a consistency which is too liquid. If in case this happens though, just add in some more cornstarch until you reach a pasty consistency.
When you have thoroughly mixed your key ingredients together, set them aside for a few minutes while you wash your face with a mild cleanser. Pat your face dry and using a cotton bud or your clean fingers, apply the cornstarch paste onto the affected areas or the usually oily zones of the face. Allow the cornstarch and water paste to sit on your skin for about 10-15 minutes or until you see that it has completely dried.
Once your cornstarch paste has dried, wash it off with lukewarm water gently, avoiding the solidified paste to cause pain on your skin in any way. Continue rinsing until all of the cornstarch is removed, and pat your skin dry again.
Extra Tips to Remember When Using This Paste to Fight Acne Naturally
- It would be better to prepare just enough paste to use on your skin and not store any of it for use on other days.
- Cornstarch has drying properties, and this works well to counter excessive oil production. It is for this reason that you should use this directly on the problem areas or other areas of your face which you know have excess oil production.
- Since this paste has a drying effect, it would be wise to use it only once a day, and not at all too often for your pimples. If you have bad breakouts, you can use this on a daily basis, but once you notice too much drying of your skin, give it a rest and apply some moisturizer to give back some of its lost moisture.
- You can even add lemon juice to make this an even more potent way to fight acne naturally. Just a teaspoon of lemon juice for a tablespoonful’s worth of paste will suffice to help kill bacteria in the pimples and dry up the oily parts of your face.
- If your case of pimple is severe, you can choose to leave just a small dab of cornstarch on the affected area alone and leave it on overnight. Remember to rinse it off first thing in the morning!
There are a great many natural remedies to reduce your acne problems. However, apart from the usual ingredients which you can use for acne reducing mask and acne-clearing home remedies, did you know that there is a certain spice you can use to make you have clearer skin?
Chili Peppers for Acne – Are They Effective?
You may scorn chili peppers on your meals or you may even be a fan of hot and spicy food. However, did you know that chili peppers for acne can help reduce that annoying swollen pimple you have? This may be one of the weirder home remedies for acne, but hear it out. This may be the solution you need for pain-free facial skin and reduced acne swelling.
What Makes Chili Peppers for Acne Work?
Like other natural ingredients, chili peppers have their own salient properties which make them excellent natural remedies for acne. To name a few:
- Chili pepper has a great amount of vitamin C which will help promote skin healing.
- It also has a great amount of antioxidants which fight other causes of skin problems.
- Together, the vitamin C and antioxidants work as a team which will end the swelling as well as reduce the angry-looking presence of acne.
Because of these natural properties of chili peppers, even just one fruit can be used as your natural ally against swollen pimples!
How Can Chili Peppers be Used for Acne Swelling?
Follow this routine to be able to use chili peppers to counter acne swelling:
- Wash your face thoroughly using your mild cleanser which matches your skin type. Be careful not to pop the pimples.
- In a small bowl, take your chili pepper and crush it with the back of a spoon.
- Place a few drops of hot water and let it sit with the crushed pepper for about a minute or two.
- You can remove the bits of crushed pepper, but make sure to leave the juice behind.
- You can now apply the resulting liquid onto your pimple. You can apply the liquid using a Q-tip, or a small cotton ball.
- Do this routine at least twice a day for maximum positive effects.
- If it becomes hot or uncomfortable on your skin, rinse with water or use some of your mild cleanser.
Things to Remember
- Be careful when crushing chili pepper! Use only a spoon and not your bare fingers since it may cause a hot stinging sensation.
- Do NOT make the liquid come anywhere near your eyes as it will cause much pain. Chili peppers have capsaicin which makes them naturally hot and when this gets in your eyes, you will experience a really painful burning sensation.
- Do not apply the liquid on pimples which have small openings or wounds. This will again cause pain.
- Fresh chili peppers are more potent, so try and find the fresher pieces.
- Do not exceed using this method more than twice a day since you may risk making your skin too sensitive if you do it more than twice.
If you suffer from acne and you think none of the market brands is doing anything to remedy your situation, perhaps it is time to look into other acne remedies. Those anti-acne remedies in the market may be filled with all sorts of too-harsh and harmful chemicals that do nothing for your acne except to make it worse. Some experts say it might be better to go for simple remedies since they have fewer ingredients and would often do a better job than store-bought anti-acne remedies.
If you want to try some home remedies for acne, you might want to try some that have Ayurvedic roots. These Indian home remedies are really quite simple yet they pack a wallop when it comes to kicking your acne to the curb. Another bonus is they are very easy to make and you probably have the ingredients in your kitchen right now. If you are ready to delve into the world of Indian home remedies for acne, check out some of them below and give them a try.
Indian Home Remedies for Acne
If you read on below and look at the things you could use, you will not believe how easy and cheap they are! They might not be fancy but just give them some time to work and you will be amazed at how much they can do for your acne breakouts.
Garlic cloves – You might have thought of garlic cloves as nothing more than yummy additions to pasta and stir fry but they do wonders for your acne. You see, garlic has allicin which is known as a natural antibiotic. Indian food happens to contain a lot of garlic so you can say they get more than their fair share of it. If you want to use garlic for your own acne breakouts, you can crush three garlic cloves into a paste and apply it on your face. If your skin is more sensitive then you can add yogurt to the paste. Similarly, you can eat three cloves of garlic every day for a month.
Turmeric powder and coriander leaves – To make this remedy for acne, you need to take 2 cups of coriander leaves and crush them as finely as you can. Place the leaves on a strainer or sieve and press down to get the juice. Once you have the liquid, take a pinch of turmeric powder and apply the mixture to your face. Allow it to stay on your skin for about 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water. You can repeat this process every night.
Nutmeg and milk – This is another very simple home acne remedy from India. Just mix 2 tablespoons of ground nutmeg and mix with three tablespoons of un-boiled milk. You can add more ground nutmeg until you have a thick paste. Apply it all over your face then rinse off after two hours.
These acne remedies have originated in Ayurveda and they are very simple and non-invasive. Before you try them, ask your doctor about the process so he can give you the “go” signal.