Aside from the real-time visible effects of acne on your skin, the long-term results are just as dreaded. The scars that acne leaves are just as stressful as the acne itself and are often harder to get rid of. Of course, nothing could work better on your skin than natural ingredients that do not have the same adverse effects that synthetic ingredients do. Essential oils for acne scars have proven to be most effective and are often gentle enough not to do more damage on your skin. Here are a few essential oils for acne scars that you can try:
- Frankincense Essential Oil – Frankincense is quite popular not only for its religious reference, but for its potent powers in treating acne and fading acne scars. Because of its antiseptic properties, it has the ability to kill all acne-causing bacteria on your skin, making way for clearer skin. It also has the ability to tone and lift the skin, making it easier for acne scars to fade over time. It is used in a lot of anti-aging products as it has proven to delay the visible signs of aging. A few drops every night should do the trick, with visible effects showing after a few weeks.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil – Sandalwood has proven to be a very effective cicatrisant, which means that it boosts the speed at which wounds are healed. This makes it a perfect ingredient for acne and acne scars. As an emollient, it keeps the skin smooth and acne-free, and its anti-inflammatory properties help get rid of acne faster.
- Galbanum Essential Oil – Another effective cicatrisant, galbanum essential oils are great at getting rid of acne scars. With regular application, it helps the skin heal more effectively, making scars and blemishes fade quicker than other scar treatments. It replaces old skin cells and boosts the production of new ones, giving way to fresh and healthy skin. It is also a potent detoxifier, which makes it a big help for those who frequently suffer from acne. By getting rid of the harmful toxins in the bloodstream, it lessens the presence of the dirt that causes acne to grow. It is a potent emollient, giving your skin a younger and rejuvenated look. It is equally effective in getting rid of stretch marks as well.
- Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender oil has always been a favorite ingredient for skin care products because of its soft, relaxing scent. What could be its more important role however, is the fact that it has the ability to fade acne scars efficiently. It is a known cicatrisant and helps boost the production of fresh skin tissues to help fade scars, blemishes and other skin impurities.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil – Tea tree oil is another skin care favorite with benefits that cover almost everything in skin care. Its effects against acne have been proven to be effective, and it has equally potent abilities to fade acne scars as well.
With the essential oils for acne scars, you can enjoy clearer skin the natural way.
There are many essential oils you can choose from when it comes to caring for your skin through the natural way. Argan oil happens to be one of the oils you can use when you would like a natural solution for keeping your skin and hair in great condition. What is this oil and what are the argan oil benefits? Read on to find out more.
Understanding Argan Oil
Argan oil is made from the kernels of the argan tree which only grows in Morocco. Compared to other oils, it is more expensive because it is only available in its best form when it’s from this region. Back in the old day, argan pits which are collected from goat excrements are pressed to make the oil which the people of Morocco use for both cooking and cosmetics. Today though, the oil available in the market is most usually the product of modern extraction methods.
When the modern methods are used, the kernels from the tree are harvested and then pressed through mechanical means. The kernels can yield as much as 30%-50% oil depending on how they are extracted. When used for cosmetic purposes, the nut itself is no longer roasted before extraction to avoid having too much of a nutty scent. The products you get to buy from the market can usually keep for a year to 18 months.
The Argan Oil Benefits
Being a natural ingredient, argan oil benefits are enticing especially for those who are fans of organic health solutions. Despite the more expensive price range of this oil which you can use for cosmetic purposes, here are some argan oil benefits that you can experience for yourself when you decide to get a bottle:
- Facial moisturizer – You can use this nourishing oil as your nightly facial moisturizer. You can massage just a few drops of it onto your clean face and can be massaged down to the neck as well. Your skin will easily absorb it and will not have a greasy finish.
- Toner additive – You can add a few drops of argan oil to the facial toner you use and shake it well before using. You can tone and simultaneously moisturize your face when you do this. Toning can dry your skin and cause acne breakouts, but using argan oil to counter too much drying can help give you more flawless skin.
- Lip scrub and moisturizer – Add some argan oil to brown sugar and use this as a moisturizing lip scrub.
- Leave-on hair conditioner – After washing your hair and while it is still a bit damp, massage argan oil onto your scalp and spread it down to your hair. This will act as a great natural conditioner which will keep your hair moist! You can do this before leaving for work in the morning or before you turn in for the night.
- Makeup remover – Argan oil is one of the essential oils which you can use as a nourishing makeup remover. Simply add a few drops of argan oil on a cotton ball or pad and swipe it gently over your face to remove extra products. Since it is a natural substance, you wouldn’t be blocking your pores and you lessen the risks of having irritation and acne breakouts.
- Skin moisture restoration – Acne products tend to dry skin causing it to produce more oil. Excess oil (or sebum) and dead skin cells clog the pores which is the leading cause of skin inflammation. This is where argan oil can be useful; it restores the skin’s moisture reducing the need to produce excess oil. Due to its high content of antioxidants and vitamin E, argan oil also soothes inflammation and blemishes. Aside form the fact that it can prevent acne, it has been known to heal past acne scars.
To experience these benefits from argan oil, make sure you buy only from reputable sources which offer authentic argan oil from Morocco. Remember to apply it in a thin layer on your skin to avoid having too much of it and to allow you to add on other products you need to proceed with your daily look.
If you have sensitive skin and you prefer natural solutions, choosing an essential oil for acne can be your powerful arsenal to have clearer skin. One such essential oil for acne is sea buckthorn oil. Read on to find out more about this natural solution for your acne problems!
Getting to Know Sea Buckthorn Oil
Sea buckthorn is an herb with flowers, leaves, and fruits used for making herbal medicine and essential oils. Usually, the essential oil from sea buckthorn oil comes from the pulp or seeds of the oil. This oil is rich in a-linoleic acid and linoleic acid but it also has other beneficial properties such as palmitoleic acid, monounsaturated fatty acids, and palmitic acid.
The Benefits of Using this Essential Oil
Sea buckthorn oil is rich in plant sterols, tocopherols, and tocotrienols. Apart from these beneficial plant compounds, it also has high levels of carotenoids which are great for promoting good skin health. More specifically, you can also experience these 5 benefits from using sea buckthorn oil:
- When you use sea buckthorn essential oil for acne, you can naturally strengthen your skin and reduce inflammation, swelling, and scarring. This effect is great when you deal with severe acne breakouts since it can act as a naturally protective essential oil which will condition your skin and heal it from further acne problems. If you easily get scars from acne breakouts, your skin will be more protected from damage with sea buckthorn oil.
- When you apply it as a light mask or use a cotton ball to spread it on your face, it will act as a great natural facial cleanser giving you a deeper clean. If you frequently use makeup and prefer having a cleanser to thoroughly remove it, you can use this oil after washing your face for a mild yet thorough cleansing.
- Acne also comes from blocked pores. You can avoid having pore blockage when you regularly exfoliate. If you have sensitive skin, using facial scrubs can bring about irritation and the gentle exfoliating properties of sea buckthorn oil will give you the light peeling your skin needs. Even adults who have been plagued with acne experience having fresher and younger-looking skin after using sea buckthorn oil.
- Sea buckthorn has also been known as a great natural hormone regulator. If you are suffering from hormonal acne, you can take sea buckthorn in capsule form to help reduce stress. By making you feel less stressed and regulating how your hormones act inside your body, you will have less of those nasty one-big-zit breakouts.
- If you are suffering from acne rosacea, the healing qualities that sea buckthorn has also provides relief from the pain and inflammation that come with this type of acne. After just 24 hours of using this oil topically, you will be able to see changes in the redness, pain, and sensitivity of your problem spots.
Consider having a bottle of sea buckthorn oil as your natural ally in fighting acne!