Your kitchen is a great place to look for ingredients to come up with your anti-acne diet or for natural acne remedies. You don’t need to spend much to have a natural skin care regimen especially for exfoliation. If you are looking for a friendly and natural way to slough off the layer of dead skin cells you have, you ought to learn more about the benefits of brown sugar on the skin.
Benefits of Brown Sugar on the Skin
When it comes to anti-acne diets, it is advised to avoid foods that have a lot of sugar in them because this can cause those unwanted acne breakouts. However, the benefits of brown sugar on the skin can be experienced without having to ruin your diet with an extra intake of sugar!
Every once in a while—more particularly about twice week—your skin needs to be exfoliated. This is because your skin can get clogged up with dead skin cells, product buildup, dirt, and bacteria. All of these can cause those unwanted breakouts. Clearing your skin can help reduce breakouts by allowing it to breathe more naturally when you unclog your pores through exfoliation.
Brown sugar has several benefits which will make you want to have a jar of it all the time for your beauty needs. Here’s why you shouldn’t disregard the wonder of brown sugar for your skin:
- It is more affordable than commercially-produced scrubs. There are commercial scrubs made of ingredients that eventually melt. Some are called beads, salts, or simply scrubs, but brown sugar is the safer and more affordable alternative.
- Compared to salt scrubs, brown sugar is gentler and can give you a deeper exfoliation. Salt scrubs have bigger particles which can cause tearing on your skin. With the smaller particles of brown sugar, you get a gentler cleaning action. Since it will melt after a while, you also won’t cause tearing because the water or other ingredients you use in combination with it can help soften the sugar crystals sooner.
- Brown sugar has glycolic acid. This alpha-hydroxyl acid has bacteria-fighting properties that can counter acne-causing bacteria while making your skin look healthier and more youthful.
- Being a natural humectant, brown sugar helps retain as much moisture as possible during the moisturizing process. When you use it in combination with water or honey, it will help retain more moisture on your skin.
- The smaller particles are gentler on your face and can give better stimulation for improved blood circulation all over the face.
- When used regularly, this gentle facial scrub can also help reduce uneven skin tone by acting as an exfoliator, making it possible to even out your skin’s complexion.
- It is all-natural. Probably the best part is knowing that your facial scrub is a natural ingredient with no harmful chemicals daunting to damage your skin.
Think of all these benefits and make use of brown sugar for your skin regimen instead of harsh chemicals. This way you get to have naturally glowing skin without having to spend on expensive services and products!
There are many essential oils you can choose from when it comes to caring for your skin through the natural way. Argan oil happens to be one of the oils you can use when you would like a natural solution for keeping your skin and hair in great condition. What is this oil and what are the argan oil benefits? Read on to find out more.
Understanding Argan Oil
Argan oil is made from the kernels of the argan tree which only grows in Morocco. Compared to other oils, it is more expensive because it is only available in its best form when it’s from this region. Back in the old day, argan pits which are collected from goat excrements are pressed to make the oil which the people of Morocco use for both cooking and cosmetics. Today though, the oil available in the market is most usually the product of modern extraction methods.
When the modern methods are used, the kernels from the tree are harvested and then pressed through mechanical means. The kernels can yield as much as 30%-50% oil depending on how they are extracted. When used for cosmetic purposes, the nut itself is no longer roasted before extraction to avoid having too much of a nutty scent. The products you get to buy from the market can usually keep for a year to 18 months.
The Argan Oil Benefits
Being a natural ingredient, argan oil benefits are enticing especially for those who are fans of organic health solutions. Despite the more expensive price range of this oil which you can use for cosmetic purposes, here are some argan oil benefits that you can experience for yourself when you decide to get a bottle:
- Facial moisturizer – You can use this nourishing oil as your nightly facial moisturizer. You can massage just a few drops of it onto your clean face and can be massaged down to the neck as well. Your skin will easily absorb it and will not have a greasy finish.
- Toner additive – You can add a few drops of argan oil to the facial toner you use and shake it well before using. You can tone and simultaneously moisturize your face when you do this. Toning can dry your skin and cause acne breakouts, but using argan oil to counter too much drying can help give you more flawless skin.
- Lip scrub and moisturizer – Add some argan oil to brown sugar and use this as a moisturizing lip scrub.
- Leave-on hair conditioner – After washing your hair and while it is still a bit damp, massage argan oil onto your scalp and spread it down to your hair. This will act as a great natural conditioner which will keep your hair moist! You can do this before leaving for work in the morning or before you turn in for the night.
- Makeup remover – Argan oil is one of the essential oils which you can use as a nourishing makeup remover. Simply add a few drops of argan oil on a cotton ball or pad and swipe it gently over your face to remove extra products. Since it is a natural substance, you wouldn’t be blocking your pores and you lessen the risks of having irritation and acne breakouts.
- Skin moisture restoration – Acne products tend to dry skin causing it to produce more oil. Excess oil (or sebum) and dead skin cells clog the pores which is the leading cause of skin inflammation. This is where argan oil can be useful; it restores the skin’s moisture reducing the need to produce excess oil. Due to its high content of antioxidants and vitamin E, argan oil also soothes inflammation and blemishes. Aside form the fact that it can prevent acne, it has been known to heal past acne scars.
To experience these benefits from argan oil, make sure you buy only from reputable sources which offer authentic argan oil from Morocco. Remember to apply it in a thin layer on your skin to avoid having too much of it and to allow you to add on other products you need to proceed with your daily look.