When you cleanse your face and follow a good routine to keep it healthy but you still have acne breakouts, the situation can get frustrating. However, have you considered having an extra layer of protection? You may be lacking certain techniques which can help protect your skin from acne. While these tips may require more effort from your end, you will be rewarded by having clear skin.
Protect Your Skin from the Sun
There are a lot of reasons behind having breakouts, but did you know that the sun is one factor you may be overlooking? You get exposed to the ultraviolet rays of the sun which is bad for your skin—especially if you have acne-prone skin.
You cannot avoid exposure to the sun, though. Even more so when you commute or walk to work early in the morning. While morning sun is great since it is gentler, excessive exposure can cause breakouts. Try out these protection tips:
- Use an umbrella – Do not underestimate the power of umbrellas when it comes to protecting your skin. When used for sun protection purposes, choose a black umbrella or those which have darker colors. It will absorb most of the sun’s energy, thereby lessening the impact on your skin.
- Use an SPF facial moisturizer – When you apply your moisturizer in the morning, use one with at least SPF 15. The higher, the better when it comes to protecting from harmful UV rays. You will also especially benefit from this tip when you use lemon juice from your face the night or day before since lemon juice can make you quite photoreactive. Best use protection to avoid skin damage.
Internal Skin Protection Techniques
Now that we’ve covered two of the top protection techniques against the sun, it is time for tips for internal protection. Try out these helpful methods to protect your skin from acne:
- Load up on your vitamins – Essential vitamins for healthy skin include vitamins A, C, and E which all contribute to healthy skin cell and collagen production while being able to regulate oil levels too. You can get these vitamins from fresh fruits and vegetables
- Enjoy the antioxidant-rich foods – Berries, particularly those with a deep blue or red color are packed with antioxidants that help fight internal causes of acne. Mix them into your morning smoothie or on top of your pancakes.
- Hydrate – Overproduction of oil can be from dehydration and is the skin’s reaction to preserve its own moisture. Avoid this and protect your skin from being dry or oily by drinking enough water on a daily basis.
- Exercise – Take at least 15 minutes from your schedule to exercise. You can balance your hormones from within by setting time to exercise and you also promote sweating which will flush out harmful toxins. Just remember to keep your hair tied back and away from your face to avoid irritation.
Exert a little more effort to try and include these tips to your daily routine, and be surprised with the clearer skin you get to have by knowing the right protection techniques!