There are several causes behind acne and ruling out the source can be difficult. If you have tried everything to make the acne go away but are still troubled by this skin condition, knowing some fast facts about acne and the reasons why it won’t go away can help you in your battle against this skin condition.
Think of the saying “prevention is better than cure” and then you will realize how important it is to know these fast facts about acne. If you can find ways to go around these acne causes, you will have clearer skin sooner rather than later!
Reasons Why You Can’t Get Rid of Acne
- Eating sweet foods – If you have a sweet tooth, you might be causing your acne flare-ups to worsen. Having a lot of sugar in your diet can aggravate hormonal acne as well as inflammation which is why you should cut back on the sweet treats if you think that it’s affecting your skin.
- Having too much oil in your diet – Another factor in your diet which may be causing your breakouts, too much greasy food can get additional oil stuck in your system. If you often eat fast food items like fries or deep-fried onion rings, cut back on their consumption and see some improvement on your skin.
- Being stressed out – Stress is one of the reasons why your breakouts worsen! Don’t fret too much about things, because being stressed spikes up the hormones which cause acne!
- Hormonal imbalance – This may be a genetic cause of acne, or it may also be caused by your diet and lifestyle. Avoid drinking processed milk which comes from cows that have been treated with hormones. Exercise to balance your hormone levels, and have a balanced diet to have an overall healthy system.
- Overproduction of oil – One of the fast facts about acne is that it is caused by having too much oil on your face or it may also be caused by too much washing. Wash only twice a day and use oil-absorbing facial pads to lessen the oil on your face.
- Dry skin – When you skip using moisturizer and wash regularly, you might be stripping the moisture your face naturally needs. Because of this, you may experience surprise breakouts while your skin is trying to adjust. Include a good moisturizer into your skin care routine!
- Using the wrong products – Determining your skin type and which product to use is a must to make acne go away. If you have already determined the product that works for you, stick to it and do not frequently change the products you use on your face so as not to shock your skin.
- Not having a skin care routine – You can’t expect acne to just go away by itself! Practice a good skin care routine of cleansing, moisturizing, toning, and exfoliating to achieve clear skin.
- Not drinking enough water – Water detoxifies your system and gives you supple and hydrated skin. If you drink too much soda, coffee, or other flavored drinks, you aren’t getting enough clear water. Have at least eight glasses per day.
- Poor hygiene – Not taking a bath on a daily basis, not washing your hair, and failing to change your sheets can also cause acne—not just on your face but on different parts of your body.
These fast facts about acne can help you take the right steps to a healthy, acne-free skin!