Clear, dewy skin without any blackheads, whiteheads or acne is the dream of every woman the world over yet it is a dream that has proven elusive time and time again. It is easy to wonder why achieving good skin seems to be such a task when there are all sorts of products in the market that are supposedly designed to give the user amazing skin.
If you are suffering from bad skin or your skin has been proving to be troublesome, perhaps it is time for you to think about using non-conventional methods to achieve your goal of having flawless skin. As of the moment, you could still be using facial cleansers and toners that strip your skin completely of its natural oils and that right there is the cause of your problems.
Oil is not the enemy and in fact, using the right oils and the right methods may well just make the perfect skin achievable. Essential oils for acne have long been a practice and since modern day acne products do not work for you, essential oils for acne may just do the trick.
Best Essential Oils for Acne
- Tea tree oil – this is perhaps the most well-known oil for acne. It has serious antibacterial properties that kill acne-causing bacteria and it also helps reduce swelling. Some people use it straight while others mix it with water and dab it on the spot with a cotton swab.
- Lavender oil – this oil smells divine and can relieve you of the stress that causes acne in the first place. You can use this oil in the bath to calm your nerves and reduce stress levels or you can dilute it with a carrier oil and mix in some tea tree to kick acne to the curb once and for all.
- Carrot seed oil – this oil comes from the Queen Anne’s lace plant and is rich in antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and improve the texture of the skin.
These are just some of the essential oils for acne you can try out. Consult an expert if you want to use them or any other essential oils.
The Steaming Method
Now that you know about essential oils for acne that you can use for spot treatment, how about oils and a cleansing method that will condition your skin and make it look flawless? It is called the OCM method and it work best if you have the right mix of facial steaming oils.
Best Facial Steaming Oils
- Hazelnut oil- it has astringent properties and is very gentle on the skin
- Castor oil- has the ability to draw out deep seated dirt from the pores
- Jojoba oil- very similar to human sebum and can trick the skin into ceasing overproduction of sebum. Use 10-20% in your mixes.
- Sweet almond oil- excellent moisturizer and less clogging than EVOO
Mix some acne-fighting essential oils to the facial steaming oils and proceed with the OCM method. You may experience some breakouts at first but that is just your skin reacting to the new cleaning method that doesn’t include harsh chemicals.