Can Rosacea Natural Treatment Cure This Skin Disorder?
The facial condition rosacea, characterized by flushing and the development of papules and pustules, is most often treated with prescription topical cream and oral antibiotics. In support of a holistic approach to rosacea natural treatment options can also be very beneficial. A physician should be consulted before any treatment is started. In addition, individuals may have different sensitivities and some of these ingredients might cause an allergic or sensitivity reaction in some people. Use should be discontinued if any discomfort arises.
Rosacea and Digestion – What is the Correlation between Them?
Digestive issues are commonly found along with rosacea. The relationship is not well understood. Low stomach acid, irritable bowel syndrome, and/or leaky gut syndrome may be seen. Betaine hydrochloride capsules, 1 to 3 taken at the beginning of a meal, acidify the stomach for improved digestion and the restoration of a normal balance of gut bacteria. If this amount results in an excessively warming sensation, it should be reduced or discontinued. Other supplements for digestive function include Gentian root in an amount of 300 mg, or 10 to 20 drops, taken ten minutes before a meal, probiotic supplements, and digestive enzyme blends.
Rosacea Free Diet – What Foods to Eat and Avoid
In the diet, any foods which are known to be triggers for rosacea flares should be avoided. A low-fat, high-fiber diet supports good digestion. Fiber helps to keep toxins moving through the gut and out of the body.
- While the amount of saturated fat in the diet should be kept low, fatty acids such as those found in cold-water fish are beneficial and should be consumed a few times a week.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of flaxseed in 10 ounces of water is another good source of fatty acids.
- Fresh vegetable juices are particularly good for rosacea because nutrients are easily absorbed. A 1 to 3 day juice fast may be helpful for some patients in soothing the digestive tract.
- Raw foods are good for circulation and overall skin health. Super green foods, like chlorella, spirulina, alfalfa, or a blend, provide phytonutrients for cellular health.
- Whole foods like brown rice, oats, wheat germ, nutritional yeast, and whole-grain bread and crackers provide essential B vitamins, which are sometimes found to be deficient in those with rosacea.
- A daily cup of yogurt is a good idea for those who are taking an antibiotic because it will help to keep the number of friendly bacteria in the gut high.
- Salt, milk, margarine, and vegetable oils with trans-fats should be avoided.
How Hormonal Imbalances Can Affect Rosacea?
Hormonal imbalances may affect rosacea, especially those of puberty, perimenopause, and menopause. Taking synthetic hormones, such as birth control pills, may also have an effect. Burdock root balances hormones and draws toxins from cells. 300 mg, or 3 mL, can be taken daily. For those around the time of menopause, black cohosh is a useful herbal treatment. 80 mg of 2.5 percent triterpene glycoside extract (black cohosh) is the dosage. A natural progesterone cream can be rubbed into the skin of the wrists. A progesterone deficiency frequently leads to problems in the skin. The dosage depends on where a woman is relative to her time of menopause: before, during, or after.
Liver support helps the body to improve its ability to process toxins, leading to overall improved health, including of the skin, so it is an important element of rosacea natural treatment. Milk thistle, as 80 to 85 percent silymarin extract, can be taken at 250 mg three times a day. Green tea, brewed or in capsules, is a powerful antioxidant that helps to purify the blood.
How Rosacea Natural Treatment Can Help You to Treat Rosacea Fast and Effectively?
- To clear skin and banish pustules, six tablets a day of brewer’s yeast plus an iron supplement has been shown to be effective.
- Aloe Vera gel is soothing, cooling, and reduces inflammation. Some people may be sensitive to it, so a small skin patch test should be performed prior to applying it to the larger affected area.
- A cool compress with a little bit of lavender oil calms the skin and is relaxing.
- Diluted tea tree oil, in water or in a gentle cream, is often helpful because of its analgesic, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties. Tea tree oil is very strong and should never be used full strength directly on the skin.
- Homeopathic granules for combination acne may have some benefit in rosacea natural treatment, if the symptoms listed on the label match the rosacea symptoms. Homeopathics are taken until symptoms subside, then are discontinued until symptoms recur.
- Sunscreen should always be used as the sensitive skin of the rosacea sufferer is more susceptible to burning. A soft scarf can be used to protect skin from irritating cold and wind.
- Heavy exercise and steam facials should be avoided.
Which Treatment Systems Are Based on Natural Ingredients?
Rosacea responds best when a combination of factors is used to target healing. Any type ofcan be very useful, alone or combined with prescription medications. Product lines containing natural ingredients, like the Zenmed Rosacea Skin Support System®, make it convenient to incorporate them into one’s routine.