One of the main causes of having pimples is your hormones. While there are also environmental factors which lead to the development of pimples, hormonal pimples are also one of the top kinds of pimples which can be harder to remedy since the root of the problem is your internal body chemistry.
Your hormones may be greatly affected by your lifestyle and these lifestyle practices may be contributing to your hormonal pimples. When you have tried almost all kinds of topical products for your pimples and none of them work, you ought to combine the use of these products with a healthier lifestyle in order to balance your hormones and get rid of those pimples.
For clearer skin and balanced hormones, try out these tips and use them in combination with your cleansing routine:
- Don’t take too much dairy products since cow milk contains growth hormones which can lead to the imbalance of your own hormones that can cause acne breakouts. If you prefer having dairy products in your diet, try to purchase organic dairy products which are from cows that are grass fed and not given any kind of hormones.
- Go for dark chocolate instead of regular chocolate. The natural composition of high-quality dark chocolate can help reduce inflammation which then leads to hormonal pimples and breakouts. Read the label carefully since a lot of chocolate products contain dairy. Go for the non-dairy and high-quality dark chocolates instead.
- As much as possible, don’t eat foods rich in processed or saturated fats as these may aggravate your oil production. These foods also increase your body’s arachidonic levels which can cause inflammation and later on, acne.
- Consume more fruits and veggies. These natural food items are rich in vitamins and nutrients you need for healthier cells and overall body functions. They are also rich in antioxidants and these can help prevent further inflammation and acne breakouts while also clearing your body of free radicals.
- Include a quality omega-3 supplement to your diet, or eat more fish fats. Flax seeds are also a great source of omega-3 which can help reduce your inflammation and hormonal pimples.
- Avoid foods with lots of sugars in them!
- Try incorporating more soy-based foods to your diet. Soy has natural hormone-like contents which can help in balancing your hormone levels which will ultimately lead to clearer skin.
- Exercise regularly. Not only does exercising promote sweating which is healthy for your weight management concerns, it also promotes sweating which can remove toxins from within your body. When you exercise regularly, your brain also releases more endorphins into your system. This hormone is known to counter stress. When you are less stressed, you will have less acne breakouts. This is probably one of the best ways to regulate your body’s hormone levels, so make sure you get a good amount of exercise daily. Even going for a short run or doing a few lunges or jumping jacks in your room can help.
Try to make these healthy lifestyle changes and see your skin improve. Avoid those hormonal pimples by having an overall healthy lifestyle!