There are a great many natural remedies to reduce your acne problems. However, apart from the usual ingredients which you can use for acne reducing mask and acne-clearing home remedies, did you know that there is a certain spice you can use to make you have clearer skin?
Chili Peppers for Acne – Are They Effective?
You may scorn chili peppers on your meals or you may even be a fan of hot and spicy food. However, did you know that chili peppers for acne can help reduce that annoying swollen pimple you have? This may be one of the weirder home remedies for acne, but hear it out. This may be the solution you need for pain-free facial skin and reduced acne swelling.
What Makes Chili Peppers for Acne Work?
Like other natural ingredients, chili peppers have their own salient properties which make them excellent natural remedies for acne. To name a few:
- Chili pepper has a great amount of vitamin C which will help promote skin healing.
- It also has a great amount of antioxidants which fight other causes of skin problems.
- Together, the vitamin C and antioxidants work as a team which will end the swelling as well as reduce the angry-looking presence of acne.
Because of these natural properties of chili peppers, even just one fruit can be used as your natural ally against swollen pimples!
How Can Chili Peppers be Used for Acne Swelling?
Follow this routine to be able to use chili peppers to counter acne swelling:
- Wash your face thoroughly using your mild cleanser which matches your skin type. Be careful not to pop the pimples.
- In a small bowl, take your chili pepper and crush it with the back of a spoon.
- Place a few drops of hot water and let it sit with the crushed pepper for about a minute or two.
- You can remove the bits of crushed pepper, but make sure to leave the juice behind.
- You can now apply the resulting liquid onto your pimple. You can apply the liquid using a Q-tip, or a small cotton ball.
- Do this routine at least twice a day for maximum positive effects.
- If it becomes hot or uncomfortable on your skin, rinse with water or use some of your mild cleanser.
Things to Remember
- Be careful when crushing chili pepper! Use only a spoon and not your bare fingers since it may cause a hot stinging sensation.
- Do NOT make the liquid come anywhere near your eyes as it will cause much pain. Chili peppers have capsaicin which makes them naturally hot and when this gets in your eyes, you will experience a really painful burning sensation.
- Do not apply the liquid on pimples which have small openings or wounds. This will again cause pain.
- Fresh chili peppers are more potent, so try and find the fresher pieces.
- Do not exceed using this method more than twice a day since you may risk making your skin too sensitive if you do it more than twice.