Acne is a skin condition that everybody wishes not to hit any of the skin area, most especially the face. Out of all types of acne, cystic acne is considered to be the most severe. The cysts that form in the skin can be compared to boils. They are frequently inflamed, infected, very painful, and can cause scarring. Most people who suffer from cystic acne develop emotional stress because of the formation of boil-like cysts and the scarring that lasts for a long time.
What Are The Symptoms Of Cystic Acne?
Acne, like any other of its type, commonly hits teenagers but can occasionally occur to adults as well. These are the symptoms, which can guide you that you are developing such type of acne.
- Pimples that are like boils
- Painful formation
- Feels soft or squishy
- Feels lumpy
- Feels like pus or fluid underneath
- Affected area is inflamed
- Loads of redness
What Are The Causes Of Cystic Acne?
The causes of cystic acne are most likely similar to any other types of acne. Generally, there are three main reasons:
- There is too much production of oil or sebum by the sebaceous glands.
- The pores are clogged by dead skin cells.
- Bacteria will thrive in the clogged and oily environment, which cause the sprouting of pimples.
These three actually explains it all but there are studies conducted that report about some other factors that trigger the formation of acne. These factors include the following:
- Emotions and stress
- Hormonal imbalances
- Blood sugar
- Digestive problems
What Are The Ways To Reduce Cystic Acne Swelling?
Basically, the best way to treat cystic acne is through consulting a dermatologist to really get to the depth of the nodules. However, there are home remedies that you can apply to reduce the cystic acne swelling.
- An icepack is helpful wrapped in a thin towel or cheesecloth. You can apply the icepack to the swollen area for about 15 minutes to momentarily lessen swelling.
- Use ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar by pouring it into a bowl and letting a sterile cotton ball saturate into it. After which, drop a few grounded sea salt on the cotton ball and hold still on the inflamed area for 15 minutes. Rinse lightly right after.
- Strawberries are very good to the skin. You can use its leaves steeped into a hot water and be applied for the next 45 minutes. You can also do 5 fresh strawberries with raw egg white blended for about 10 minutes and applying the mixture directly to the cysts for 25-30 minutes. Do not forget to rinse off with warm water.
- Apricot juice can also be applied to the swollen area. Blend slices of fresh apricots and soak a cotton ball to the juice and gently rub it into the inflamed area and leave it for several hours. Rinse the apricot application with warm water.
These natural remedies can help reduce the cystic acne swelling but not really treat the underlying cause of the skin condition. It is always better to see a dermatologist for further management of your cystic acne.