Tea lovers have another reason to rejoice! This healthy drink which can be substituted to coffee for stimulating and other health purposes can also be one of your natural allies when it comes to fighting acne. Teas good for acne have internal cleansing effects which help in detoxifying your system. This is what will lead to having ultimately clearer skin as well.
A Backgrounder on Artichokes
Artichokes are not just for your main dishes. This fiber-rich veggie can be made into one of the teas good for acne which will contribute to your naturally glowing skin. Apart from being a rich source of dietary fiber, artichokes, taken in fresh or tea form also have antioxidants which fight free radicals that damage your skin and other cells. It also has the property to promote improved blood circulation which can help improve the delivery of essential vitamins and oxygen to your skin which will help make you look younger for a longer period of time.
For your skin in particular, when used as one of the teas good for acne, artichokes help in cleansing the body of the toxic buildup that accumulates because of exposure to pollutants as well as other chemical buildup in your system. As a natural diuretic, it cleanses you from within and protects your digestive system—allowing you to absorb more of the nutrients your skin needs! Artichokes also boost your liver function so that more toxins are eliminated and less irritation due to blood impurities can be seen on your skin.
Making Teas Good for Acne
Now that you have artichokes as your base ingredient, here are the steps so that you can make your anti-acne tea:
- Purchase and artichoke from your local supermarket and wash it well.
- Chop off the artichoke’s base and discard this part.
- In a pot of water enough for the artichoke to be completely submerged, allow your artichoke to boil in high heat for an hour. Make sure you cover your pot so that the evaporating liquids will fall back into the pot and you can still have it in your tea.
- After an hour of being in high heat, adjust it to medium heat and let it simmer for another hour.
- Get some of the tea and let it cool a bit in a mug.
- You can add some sweetener such as honey or stevia and your artichoke tea for acne is ready to drink!
You can drink your artichoke tea either hot or cold, but remember that it is best to consume it after preparation. While it can be kept in the refrigerator, it has the best effects when you enjoy it after it has cooled down, and within the next two or three days.
Artichokes are known to promote skin luminosity, and by rejuvenating your skin from within by helping your organs function better, your acne will naturally go away while at the same time, you’re also able to simultaneously take care of your body’s overall health.