Having acne can be annoying, but did you know that there are easy, natural, and inexpensive ways to help you get rid of them? Include these practices into your daily routine to help get rid of acne naturally.
- Cleanse – Each day, the skin produces sweat and oil, and your face is no exception. Extra oil can lead to acne breakouts and you can avoid this by using a mild cleanser which suits your skin type. It is advised to watch twice daily to avoid prompting your skin to produce even more oil. Do this after waking up and right before sleeping to remove oil buildup during the night, and accumulated dirt during the day.
- Tone – A toner helps cleanse the skin even more, and also lessens the production of oils. It helps minimize the pores which reduces the risks of dirt and foreign material to get trapped and cause acne. Use a toner after cleansing your face.
- Moisturize – Too much cleansing can dry the pimples, but it may lead to drying other the areas of your face too. A moisturized face is healthier, and you can achieve this by using moisturizers or using natural ingredients like milk and honey to give back moisture to your skin. Lack of moisture also causes excess oil production, so avoid over cleansing and don’t forget proper moisturizing for your skin.
- Exfoliate – To have a radiant glow to your skin and make sure you get it extra clean, exfoliation is a must. However, keep in mind that this isn’t something you do every day! Every other 3 or 4 days can be good. Around this time, there will be a new layer of skin to remove. Also, exfoliating lessens the appearance of dark acne marks on your face to give you a more flawless appearance.
- Sleep – Getting enough sleep rejuvenates the skin. Night time sleep, and around 8 hours a day gives the body enough time to recharge and recover from the day’s activities. It also releases hormones that balance out your system.
- Hydrate – Drinking enough water naturally helps clear out your skin by reducing oil production. Avoid caffeinated drinks and go for water instead. Hydrating with fresh fruit juices is also a great way to go! Fruit juices are rich in vitamins, fibers, and antioxidants which are all good not just for your skin but overall health. Getting enough fluids also cleanses your body of toxins from the inside, reducing the risks of breakout and bad skin.
- Vitamins – Your skin needs vitamins to stay healthy. Vitamin E is one of the leading vitamins that contribute to healthy skin. Vitamin D from the sun also makes you have a more radiant look. For acne in particular, vitamin C can help reduce breakouts and bad cases of inflammation. Icing – Another way to reduce redness and swelling is to ice your face. Icing tightens the pores and delays the production of oil. Let an ice cube linger over a swollen pimple for about 15-20 seconds. This can be done for the rest of the face as well.
- Natural face masks – Natural face masks such as oatmeal and honey with some lemon, fruit masks, cornstarch paste, aloe vera masks, orange peels, cinnamon and honey masks can all help reduce acne problems.
- Exercise – Move, sweat, and rid yourself of acne! Exercising releases healthy hormones which counter those that cause acne breakouts. Also, it promotes sweating which removes toxins from inside.
There are basic and natural ways to rid yourself of acne, but always remember that wise counsel from a dermatologist is advised to help you have a better understanding of what your skin needs.