You need not go very far to find effective acne clearing products for clear and radiant skin. With just some simple kitchen ingredients, you can make your acne go away and prevent upcoming breakouts from worsening. The star of this acne remedy article is corn starch and plain H2O. These easy to acquire ingredients can be made as a healthy solution to fight acne naturally and take care of your annoying acne concerns!
Ingredients and Procedures for Preparing and Using this Simple Anti-Acne Mask
Make sure you get clean water for this home remedy for acne. Room temperature water will do. Get about a tablespoonful of cornstarch and place it in a small container. Gradually add in the water and mix your ingredients thoroughly. Do this slowly since adding too much water can result in a consistency which is too liquid. If in case this happens though, just add in some more cornstarch until you reach a pasty consistency.
When you have thoroughly mixed your key ingredients together, set them aside for a few minutes while you wash your face with a mild cleanser. Pat your face dry and using a cotton bud or your clean fingers, apply the cornstarch paste onto the affected areas or the usually oily zones of the face. Allow the cornstarch and water paste to sit on your skin for about 10-15 minutes or until you see that it has completely dried.
Once your cornstarch paste has dried, wash it off with lukewarm water gently, avoiding the solidified paste to cause pain on your skin in any way. Continue rinsing until all of the cornstarch is removed, and pat your skin dry again.
Extra Tips to Remember When Using This Paste to Fight Acne Naturally
- It would be better to prepare just enough paste to use on your skin and not store any of it for use on other days.
- Cornstarch has drying properties, and this works well to counter excessive oil production. It is for this reason that you should use this directly on the problem areas or other areas of your face which you know have excess oil production.
- Since this paste has a drying effect, it would be wise to use it only once a day, and not at all too often for your pimples. If you have bad breakouts, you can use this on a daily basis, but once you notice too much drying of your skin, give it a rest and apply some moisturizer to give back some of its lost moisture.
- You can even add lemon juice to make this an even more potent way to fight acne naturally. Just a teaspoon of lemon juice for a tablespoonful’s worth of paste will suffice to help kill bacteria in the pimples and dry up the oily parts of your face.
- If your case of pimple is severe, you can choose to leave just a small dab of cornstarch on the affected area alone and leave it on overnight. Remember to rinse it off first thing in the morning!