Cabbage is an underestimated leafy green vegetable that actually has quite a lot of benefits when it comes to providing you with clear skin. If you are looking for an accessible and easy to consume vegetable which can give you the clear skin you’ve always wanted, cabbage is one of the best home remedies for acne that you can find.
What are the Properties of Cabbage?
Despite being underrated, you may still want to consider the following properties that cabbages have for you and these are what make them some of the best home remedies for acne:
- Cabbages help in cleansing your system, especially your bowel. This is connected to your skin concerns because a bowel system which is unhealthy traps more toxins and irritants which may lead to acne.
- Cabbages are also great for weight management and since you can eat more of these healthy greens instead of oily food, you can lessen your oil intake while cleansing your body of toxins which have piled up from consumption of unhealthy food.
- These leaves have great skin healing properties. Cabbages can be used as a poultice to soothe skin ailments like eczema, rashes, insect bites, psoriasis, leg ulcers, and acne as well. Since it has a high amount of liquid content compared to dark green veggies, cabbages can cool and calm your skin when used as a poultice.
- Cabbages are a rich source of sulfur, and this is one of the minerals that your skin needs. Especially true for those who are suffering from oily skin, sulfur from cabbages can help in naturally drying up the overproduction of oil. Sulfur is also essential for the production of keratin which is essential for skin health. When you consume more cabbages, the sulfur content is what is behind its detoxifying effect that flushes out toxins and bacteria from your system.
- Rich in vitamin C, cabbages can help clear up acne by giving you this vitamin which is essential for skin health. Vitamin C can regulate oil production and is also responsible for promoting healthier skin cell growth. It also achieves anti-aging effects and protects your skin from the harmful UV rays from the sun.
Best Home Remedies for Acne
You can use cabbage as a poultice which you can apply on skin eruptions like acne, psoriasis, or eczema. Grate some cabbages or process it in a blender with some water. Using a cloth to gather the grated leaves in place, you can apply it onto the affected area for 15 minutes. For a more direct approach, you can place thoroughly crushed or grated leaves onto the problem areas.
A great way to benefit from cabbage for clearer skin is by eating it. Include it in most recipes which call for leafy greens, or make a healthy green juice by placing some cabbage into your juicer. Combine it with other healthy fruits for your skin such as apples, oranges, or pears and enjoy this refreshing and skin clearing drink!