If you see miniscule black dots on your skin then you are seeing blackheads. Blackheads are the result of clogged pores that frequently appear on the nose, chin, and forehead. These blackheads commonly appear because of the bacteria and dead skin cells blocking and clogging the pores of the skin. There are a lot of commercial over the counter facial products that you can use to eliminate blackheads. The downside of it is that it can really get expensive and there are some products that can cause unwanted side effects.
The good thing about natural approach is that you do not fear using it since it is harmless. These are plants that you just eat as well. When you can eat it, then definitely you can apply it to your affected skin areas. You can actually make your own version of homemade facial scrubs that can take away your blackheads without having to spend too much money. You can make a yogurt scrub and honey and cinnamon facial scrub. These different natural preparations can have health benefits on the skin. They help on soothing your skin, cleansing out impurities, and dislodging and completely removing blackheads.
Listed below are instructions on how to make homemade facial scrubs that are combined and made from all natural ingredients.
- Honey and Cinnamon Scrub
- In a small container, mix 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder and 3 tablespoons of honey.
- Continuously mix the ingredients until a paste form is obtained.
- Open up your pores by steaming your face. Prepare a hot water and then put a towel over your face and lean near the steam that comes from the hot water.
- Using your fingers, apply the honey and cinnamon paste on your face with a circular motion.
- Leave the natural facial scrub overnight. First thing in the morning, remove the scrub using warm water. Pat your face dry using a clean towel. Repeat the same process for a span of 2 weeks to remove blackheads.
- Yogurt Scrub
- In a small container, mix 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir continuously until the salt melts into the yogurt.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the yogurt and salt mixture.
- Stir to make the ingredients well-mixed.
- Pour hot water into the bowl and place your face closer to the water for the steam to aid in opening your pores.
- In circular motion, apply the yogurt scrub gently into your face. Make sure to cover the area with blackheads. For 10 minutes, continue to scrub evenly in the same and consistent motion. Wash off the scrub with warm water. Repeat the process within two weeks to obtain desired effects and to totally get rid of blackheads.
These homemade and natural facial scrub preparations may not have scientific backing, yet many users have reported positive effects of these homemade products on removing blackheads. Despite having these, it is also good that you consult a dermatologist for proper skin care and to learn other methods as well.