Natural facial masks are a big hit when it comes to caring for your face and making acne go away. A homemade grapefruit mask for acne is one effective natural acne remedy that can be prepared right from your own home! What’s great about this remedy is that you don’t have to spend so much on chemical treatments or products and that right after you wash it off from your skin, you will see and feel a difference which would make you want to do this again.
Natural Properties and Benefits of Using Grapefruit Mask for Acne
This fruit makes for a healthy and yummy snack, but you can use it for other purposes too such as making your skin clearer! It is one of the fruits in the citrus family and naturally has a good amount of citric acid as well as vitamin C which are both beneficial for the skin.
Citric acid can help dry up acne in a natural and pain-free way while vitamin C can help improve your skin’s state by making collagen production better. Collagen in the skin is what gives it its elasticity, and it also helps in the improved natural healing of your skin from trauma such as acne breakouts or even scars. Apart from those effects, grapefruit is also a natural ingredient you can use on your skin to reduce inflammation since it can neutralize your pH levels.
Grapefruit also has some vitamin B which when used in masks, can help in reducing the oiliness of skin. Because of the natural texture of grapefruit, it can even act as a gentle exfoliator which can promote the production or surfacing of your clearer new skin layer.
Making Your Own Homemade Grapefruit Mask for Acne
- Peel half of a grapefruit and put the flesh in the blender.
- Using the skin of the halved grapefruit you just peeled, take half of the total amount and zest it using a zester. Put the zest into the blender as well.
- Take some almond oil, an egg yolk, and a tablespoon of oats. You can add these ingredients to the grapefruit in the blender. Alternatively, you can use about a cup of honey half of a peeled lemon, and one egg white.
- Pulse this mixture until you have a kind of thick paste.
- Pour it into a bowl and use your clean fingers to spread the mask onto your face. Avoid placing the mask too near your eyes.
- Leave this mask on for about 20 minutes for it to take effect.
- After that time, rinse it off with some warm water.
- Pat off excess water after rinsing using a clean towel and apply some moisturizer to your skin for hydration after this tightening mask.
You can do this twice or thrice a week and see the glowing effects for yourself! Don’t forget to make use of your compatible moisturizer to bring back some moisture to your face after using this homemade mask.