An effective cleansing routine can help get rid of acne. Acne treatment with soap is one of the best ways to have clean and clear skin, and with your own homemade soap for acne, you can rest assured that your materials are from natural options and you have a product that is safe and natural.
It has long been known that essential oils can be used for clearing the skin. But did you know that acne treatment with soap made from essential oils is also an effective way to have a smoother and acne-free complexion? Certain essential oils have bacteria-killing properties which stop the worsening of breakouts. Combined with their natural antiseptic properties, these essential oils, when used for soaps, make a great natural acne treatment.
Have Your Own Homemade Soap for Acne by Acquiring These Ingredients:
- 10 ounces each of coconut oil and olive oil. You must infuse some burdock root, thyme, nettles, and comfrey with the olive oil at least overnight.
- 6 ounces of neem oil
- 3 ounces of palm oil
- 2 ounces of castor oil
- 2 ounces of beeswax
- An ounce each of tea tree oil and peppermint essential oils
You will also need 4.5 ounces of good quality lye, and 10 ounces of water, preferably distilled. To begin making your own homemade soap for acne, follow these steps:
- Combine water and lye in a bowl by mixing the lye into the water and not the other way around. Be careful with this solution since it is caustic, and even the bowl you will be using will get hot. Set this aside and wait for it to cool while you measure your oils.
- Combine the oils and beeswax and melt thoroughly in a pan over low heat.
- Use a crock pot set to the lowest setting and pour the melted beeswax and oils into it.
- Then, add the lye and water mixture to the pot and stir them until well combined.
- Take a stick blender and blend your oils, beeswax, lye, and water mixture until you reach a thick consistency similar to that of a pudding’s.
- Once you get to this consistency, allow your soap to “cook” by covering the crock pot for about an hour.
- You will see that your mixture has reached an almost transparent state. Turn the pot off after an hour.
- Prepare your molds. You can use a glass pan lined with parchment or wax paper for this purpose.
- Add the tea tree oil and peppermint essential oils right before you scoop your soap into the molds.
- Allow your soap to harden for at least 24 hours.
- Remove it from the molds and cut into your desired size.
Acne treatment with soap made right in your own home is possible. You can use this mild but effective essential oil soap for your daily cleansing routine and when used on a regular basis, you will see the positive changes on your skin in just a few weeks!