There are many things that can bring about acne and these include hormones, poor nutrition, and even bacteria. Another thing about acne is that it comes in many forms and can be seen as whiteheads, blacks heads, and the dreaded under skin acne. If you too have acne and it is the under the skin kind, you will not see any pimples but it will look as if areas of your face are very red and swollen. Luckily, there are many ways to get rid of under skin acne. Some of them involve going to the doctor while there are some ways that you can do on your own.
Getting Rid of Under Skin Acne
You can always go to the doctor to get rid of skin acne but you can also get rid of it in your own and below are the steps that will teach you how to do so.
- You need to make sure you cleanse your skin twice a day with the use of an anti-bacterial cleanser. Regular cleansing is necessary if you are to keep your skin clear and free of acne. By doing so, you get rid of acne causing bacteria, pore-clogging makeup, and excessive amounts of oil and sweat.
- You may have never done this before but to exfoliate is an important part of getting rid of acne under the skin. You do not have to go to an expensive salon to do this since you can use a facial wash with beads or even a body scrub. Exfoliation will get rid of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin so you do not have to contend with clogged and inflamed pores which lead to acne.
- It also helps if you were to apply some acne treatment creams on the affected area. It is best to choose creams that contain benzoyl peroxide as this is a very effective treatment for acne. You can visit any drug store or cosmetics store for such creams.
- You may also make use of home remedies that will clear up your acne. Make sure you mix equal parts baking soda and water so you make a paste and you apply it on the affected areas. The bacteria will kill any bacteria and will also absorb excess sebum. Lemon juice applied to the acne bumps will also work wonders because the acidity will reduce inflammation and kill acne.
- Steaming the skin is also a great idea and is very simple to do. Just pour hot water into a bowl and let the steam rise up to your face. This opens up the pores and clears them so no acne forms. You may do this once a week to keep all types of acne at bay.
These remedies for acne are bound to bring you the best results but do not expect miracles overnight. Also, it is a bad idea to not consult your doctor before you try them out because you may do more harm than good to your skin.