The moment those right red bumps appear on your faces, you know acne has struck again. It doesn’t matter that they really are quite tiny and barely a centimeter across because you know and feel like they are read beacons announcing to the world that you have bad skin. You are lucky if you just get one or two every month or so but for some people, acne breakouts are a serious problem. Acne is such a problem that the market is flooded with over-the counter acne medications that promise to be the best acne solution for adults and will work miracles overnight but very rarely deliver. In some instances, they can even make acne worse. If it seems like you have tried every over-the counter acne medication made by man, perhaps you will want to turn to simpler and more natural acne remedies to include in your skin carte routine. These do not work miracles overnight but given time, they make a huge difference in your skin and below are the best acne solution for adults.
Best Acne Solution for Adults
- Baking soda- take a trip to your kitchen and you probably have a box of baking soda tucked away somewhere. This is pretty powerful in battling acne and is very simple to use. Take a few teaspoons of the powder and mix with just enough warm water to make a paste. Apply this paste to the skin and leave it in for 10-15 minutes. As you get used to the feel of baking soda on your skin, gradually leave it in for longer periods of time. Your acne will not go away after just one use but you can see a difference instantly.
- Apple cider vinegar- this is a simple but powerful remedy for acne since it contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. The first few times you use apple cider vinegar to combat acne, dilute a couple of tablespoons with ¼ cup of water then apply to the skin.
- Virgin coconut oil- this is an antifungal and has antibacterial properties too. Aside from being moisturizing and gentle on the skin, it helps fight acne-causing bacteria and reduces redness and inflammation. To use this oil, just take a couple of drops and apply massage to the skin being very careful to avoid tugging on the skin around the eyes. You may also use this in place of you regular facial moisturizer because it doesn’t clog your pores.
- Tea tree oil- this is a powerful essential oil that makes for a potent acne remedy. It contains antibacterial properties that get rid of any acne causing bacteria. Being an essential oil, it must not be used as-is and must be diluted with carrier oil or with water. You can mix a couple drops of tea tree oil with some warm water and apply to your trouble areas with a cotton ball.
- Green tea- if you suffer from acne, drinking green tea will help detoxify the system and purge it of any acne-causing toxins and bacteria. You may use green tea rinses, drink green tea, or use green-tea enriched creams and serums. If you are to try eating green tea leaves for its acne-fighting properties, choose only organically grown tea.
- Jojoba oil- this isn’t really oil so much as it is a liquid wax. Not only is this good for the skin but helps eliminate redness and inflammation from acne. This oil is very similar to the sebum on the skin so it tricks the oil glands into thinking that the skin already has enough oil and so it won’t produce oil and clog the pores which is what causes acne to form in the first place.