When a child reaches puberty, he or she usually experiences changes in the body. One of these changes is the occurrence of a skin condition called acne. Acne is a common skin disease which is usually characterized by the appearance of red bumps called pimples and increase in sebum. Around 85% of the teenagers and young adults in the United States suffer from this skin condition, whether severe or mild. For adults, about 25% are affected. The effects of acne do not just revolve around the physical appearance but the emotional as well. So before things get worse, it must be stopped using these ingredients for the best acne solution.
The scientific ingredients of an acne solution are the ones derived from organic compounds and have the least harmful effects in the skin, even the most sensitive one. These include:
- Benzoyl Peroxide – it is considered one of the potent ingredients for a best acne solution. It reduces the sebum production in the skin which is caused by acne. The sebum builds up in the skin and may clog the pores. It kills the bacteria that causes acne on the skin’s surface and under the pores.
- Salicylic Acid or BHA – it reduces the size of the pores and unclogs them so that dirt would not enter the skin as it is one of the causes of acne.
- Glycolic Acid or AHA – this component also unclogs the pores and boosts the production of collagen for a healthier and stronger skin. It also exfoliates the skin for a glowing complexion.
- Azelaic Acid – it helps in shedding dead cells and killing the bacteria that cause acne. The follicles must be free from dead cells to avoid build up and clogging which may lead to pimples.
The natural ingredients for best acne solution are derived from herbs and plants which contain potent ingredients that can eliminate acne and its causes. The natural ingredients include:
- Green Tea – it is a rich source of antioxidants and contains antibacterial properties. The antioxidants help strengthen and boost the defenses of the skin to prevent damage from free radicals. Its antibacterial effects can kill and eliminate the bacteria which cause acne.
- Passion Flower Extracts – the natural ingredients of these extracts are ancient remedy for skin irritations. It can reduce the redness and soothe inflamed skin. Like green tea, it has potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aloe Vera – its properties can soothe the skin and restore its moisture which can be lost due to the effects of other ingredients which can cause skin dryness.
- Sage Extracts – the anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and antioxidant properties of sage extracts are beneficial in eliminating the causes of acne. It can reduce irritations and redness.
- Licorice Root Extracts – it prevents the scarring caused by acne and reduces redness and inflammation.
- Tea Tree Oil – the oil is a potent antiviral, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory agent and it also soothes the skin.
Olive Leaf Extracts – the extracts from olive leaves contain antibiotic and antiviral properties which can boost the immune system and prevent bacteria from causing acne.