Pimple Treatment – Get Rid of Pimples
Treating pimples and acne needs patience and determination. Different from what commercials tell you, there is no magical pimple treatment. Even though you could use the best treatment for acne, visible improvement can be noticed around 2 to 3 months. One factor that contributes to the difficulty in acne treatment is due to the fact that they can take weeks to develop before you can actually see them. Another factor that contributes to pimple growth is genetic factors which cause a person to have more pimples than others. But the good news is that you can actually do some things to control and treat pimples.
Daily Hygiene for Your Face
- Best treatment for acne is to use gentle soaps with less fragrance for your daily face washing. Don’t wash your face too much as it will result to dryness of your skin. Avoid using abrasive sponges on your face since they can’t prevent pimples. They can even rupture and irritate acne, which results to inflammation and scarring.
- After washing your face, use a moisturizer. Don’t use products that contain mineral oil or lanolin as they can obstruct your pores. A moisturizer is also essential during the winter to avoid drying of the skin.
- Choose only powder or water-based makeup. There are also makeup products that contain salicylic acid that can help eliminate pimples.
- Don’t touch your face all the time since it can give way to transfer of bacteria from your hands into your face. Keep away from pricking your pimples as this can traumatize your facial skin, leaving it with deep scars. Pimples that are not yet rip for draining shouldn’t be popped as it can produce a deep lesion which can leave behind an ugly scar.
- Young people should keep away from working with oily or greasy hot grills. Exposure to these can lead to blocked follicles which can further result to production of more pimples.
- Another tip for pimple treatment is the use of over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide to cure pimples. This is an inexpensive product which can help reduce clogged pores and kill bacteria that promotes inflammation.
Lifestyle Changes and More Tips
Lifestyle changes can also help in pimple treatment. Keeping everything in moderation will help a lot in treating pimples. Most of all make sure that you get plenty of rest, lots of water and eat a healthy and balanced diet. If you can’t control your routine, there are also some little things to do in getting rid of pimples. You can try to apply hot compress to your face and to get facials.
Do these suggestions for at least two months before deciding to try other options. Don’t be ashamed to talk to a dermatologist to ask for prescription treatment for pimples. Follow the doctor’s recommendations and take the medicines prescribed. Plenty of young people outgrow their acne, but adult acne is also not unusual. Remember that there are 3 things to do to get rid of pimples. These are (1) clear pores (2) kill bacteria and (3) reduce oil production. Exposed Skin Care®, considered by many as the best acne treatment system, just does these 3 steps and can greatly help in pimple treatment.