Acne Treatment Reviews – Murad Acne Complex®
Acne troubles more than 85 percent of the teenage and young adult population of the United States, and 25 percent of older adults. It can be painful and may leave lasting scars, but it is also emotionally very difficult. Those who suffer from acne are often teased by their peers, and they often feel unattractive and become depressed. With so many people looking for relief, the number of acne treatments on the market, both over-the-counter and by prescription, is quite high. Their effectiveness varies, and many people go from product to product looking for the one that finally offers good results.
Pros and Cons For Medical Acne Treatments
The medical treatments for acne include powerful prescription medications. These can be effective, especially for people who have more severe cases and for those with the cystic type of acne. However, prescription medications have some serious side effects and cannot be safely used by everyone. They are also expensive. Drugstore remedies may not be effective for some people, because they contain smaller amounts of active ingredients than prescriptions do. With both prescription and typical drugstore treatments, even if the pimples do clear up, the skin underneath may be left damaged, irritated, and dull. Unhealthy skin is less resistant to recurrent outbreaks, which sets up a cycle of dependence on harsh chemical treatments.
Acne results from the build up of a waxy, oily material called sebum. Along with dead skin cells and, sometimes, bacteria, the sebum clogs pores. Pores become stretched out, which makes them more likely to become reclogged even once they are cleared. Acne is not caused by poor hygiene or by diet, although these things can contribute to its continued presence by affecting the general health of the body and of the skin. Curing acne really takes a systemic approach in order to be effective over the long term. The skin must be restored to a state of full health.
Pros and Cons For Murad Acne Complex®
One such system is Murad Acne Complex®.
- This range of products offered includes cleansers, washes, toner, exfoliating gel, oil-free lotion, and oil-control.
- There are also medicated concealers which cover and heal pimples, scar-fading gel, and a dietary supplement.
- There is a large selection of different products which can be combined differently to suit skin type.
- There are two starter kits, and products are also available individually. Customers are enrolled in an automatic shipment program by default when ordering.
- Many users with sensitive skin found that the products, especially the exfoliating gel, were highly irritating, and led to worsening breakouts due to the harshness of the ingredients.
- The products are fairly expensive, especially for the larger bottles. The kit contains only smaller, starter size products.
Overview of Murad Acne Complex®
The use of a complete acne treatment system is a better choice than using single products which only treat pimples, while ignoring the overall health of the facial skin. The Murad Acne Complex® does offer a system, but its ingredients can be too harsh for those with sensitive skin and older adults, whose skin is more delicate. It is also expensive, especially for long-term use.