Acne scars are not only common on the face. Some people have acne scars on other parts of the body such as the neck, upper arms, shoulders, back and front. But among them, back acne scars sometimes referred to as “bacne scars” are more common. They are originally blackheads, cysts, pimples or pustules that have been left untreated. This type of imperfection is more common among males than female teens and adults.
Causes of Back Acne Scars
There are several factors that can trigger the growth of back acne. These include the accumulation of dead skin cells on the pores, the proliferation and growth of acne-causing bacteria, and oily skin. Back acne can also be aggravated by sweat and certain clothing materials that can irritate the skin. When left untreated, scars can easily develop because they irritate easily especially when pressed against a hard surface such as when lying down.
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars on Back with Natural Methods
Among the popular treatments for acne scars are laser acne treatment and the topical application of various types of medications. However, for people looking for the best acne treatment using natural methods, below are some options for acne scars on the back:
- Lemon – Citric acid in lemon can lighten up scars on the skin including those at the back of the body. To treat acne scars using lemon, the infected area should be cleaned first with soap and water then dried. Then the lemon should be squeezed gently on top of the scar and let sit for at least 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Turmeric – Another natural remedy for acne scars on back is turmeric. Turmeric should be mixed with water just enough to make a paste. It is then applied to the affected area and let sit for at least 10 minutes before rinsing. This is preferably done every night until the acne scars lighten up.
- Baking soda – Baking soda is an effective exfoliate that can reduce the appearance of acne scars. To use it, baking soda should be mixed first with water to make a paste. The paste is then applied to the affected area for at least five minutes before rinsing.
- Sandalwood and Rose Water – The combination of sandalwood and rose water also makes an excellent back acne scars treatment. These two ingredients are combined to make a paste which is then applied to the scarred area. It is preferably left overnight and rinsed off in the morning.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is a natural moisturizer and applying it regularly can help in reducing the appearance of acne scars over time.
These home remedies may or may not be effective for some people. That is why it is still recommended to consult an expert or doctor first for proper treatment of acne scars.
Ways to Prevent Acne Scars on Back
It is said that prevention is better than cure; the same is true with back acne scars. Cleanliness is very vital to avoid the growth of acne. Taking a shower daily and applying antibacterial soap can help prevent the growth of acne-causing bacteria. They also eliminate dead skin cells and excess oil that can clog up the pores and encourage the growth of acne. However, if there is still some acne growth despite all these steps, professional medical attention must be sought immediately before things get worse and develop into a scar.