Natural Remedies for Acne – The Alternative Cure
Natural remedies for acne are alternative options for treating skin problems such as acne. These alternative options are popular among most women because the possibility of side effects is less likely to occur. This article will tell you about what causes acne, the impact of acne on some women and some ways you can get rid of your acne using homemade acne remedies.
Acne: Its Causes and Impact
This is a skin disorder that creates eruptions and inflammation on the skin. This usually occurs chiefly around the adolescent age, which is experienced by around 90% of the young people.
- Acne can also be seen in adults who have problematic skin. For adolescents or teenagers, the main cause of acne is the high production of natural skin oils and testosterone in the body. When dirt and bacteria is trapped in oils that clog in a person’s pores, it results to acne.
- However, there are other genetic and physiological factors which contribute to the emergence of acne. Stress, irregular sleeping habits and psychological disturbance can also trigger the occurrence of acne. Although acne does not pose a threat to a person’s health, it can cause an unpleasant psychological disturbance among young people.
- At this point in young people’s lives, they are extra careful about their appearance and the emergence of acne just doesn’t help. Young people who have acne usually have low self-esteem and lacks self-confidence. Here are some natural remedies for acne that you can try.
Natural Home Products: Aloe Vera & Tea Tree Oil
Aloe Vera is a well-known cure for plenty of skin disorders including acne. The watery gel that is contained in the plant is found to contain anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. The gel itself soothes any troubled skin. When taken internally in the form of capsules, it is known to promote detoxification, helping for a clean digestive tract and resulting to clearer skin. Tea Tree oil is extracted from a tree that naturally grows in Australia. This oil is considered as an effective for acne since it has been proven to have bacteria-fighting chemicals known as Terpenes. Since acne is typically caused by bacteria, this oil works by killing the bacteria that can be found on the skin. Side effects to this natural remedy aren’t known.
Natural Vitamins for Acne: Zinc, Vitamins A & E
Zinc is commonly found in multivitamins, which works by increasing a person’s resistance against diseases. It also aids in repairing damaged cells in the body. Vitamin E is also a well-known substance for countering acne. It is considered as a natural antioxidant which does wonders on the skin. This vitamin can also come in soft gelatin capsules. Vitamin A is also popular for its benefits on the skin. Make sure that your daily diet includes this essential vitamin in order to help prevent acne.
- Don’t touch your face all the time since bacteria can transfer from your hands to your face.
- Avoid picking at your pimples and keep stray hair away from your face.
- Avoid the use of too much make-up. It would even be better if you can go on all day without make-up in order to minimize harmful chemicals from entering into your skin.
- Drinking plenty of water is also one of the natural remedies for acne.
- Some products on the internet are also effective in curing acne. Exposed Skin Care® acne treatment system uses all natural ingredients in order to treat acne.