Many people suffering from acne or have skin sensitive to acne are flooded with the different types of acne remedies available. There are natural home remedies, over-the-counter remedies, and medical remedies. All these types of acne treatment promise to deliver complete cure and relief from acne.
Acne Home Remedies for Different Types of Skin
- Cornstarch Paste – Cornstarch has an exfoliating effect on the skin. Simply mix cornstarch and a little amount of water to make a paste and apply on the skin.
- Garlic juice – Applying garlic juice directly onto the acne and leaving it for around 5- 10 minutes also makes an excellent remedy for acne.
- Tomato – Rubbing a sliced tomato on acne-prone skin can also help get rid of acne
- Fenugreek Seeds Paste – A paste made from fenugreek seeds combined with water and applied on the acne affected area overnight is also known to have a soothing effect on acne.
- Orange Peels – Orange peelings, dried and grounded is one of the effective acne remedies for oily skin. The grounded peelings should be mixed with water to form a paste. Apply to the skin and let sit for around 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Baking Soda Paste – Another home remedy for acne on oily skin is the baking soda paste. This can be done by mixing baking soda with a little amount of water to make a paste. The paste should be applied directly on the acne prone oily skin and let sit for 15 minutes before rinsing.
- Lemon Juice and Rosewater – Equal parts of lemon juice and rosewater combined together also make a wonderful astringent that can help prevent and heal acne. The solution must be applied to the skin and left for around 20 minutes before rinsing.
- Aloe Vera Extract – Considered as a natural skin antibiotic, Aloe Vera is also a known home remedy for acne-prone dry skin. When dabbed onto the skin, the Aloe Vera extract kills acne-causing bacteria and helps unclog pores.
- Olive Oil – For dry skin suffering from acne, another home remedy available is olive oil. Olive oil is non-comedogenic and it effectively bonds with skin oil that clogs the pores. Once bonded, olive oil helps in removing the oil from the pores for total cleansing, thus preventing acne.
- Tea Tree Oil – Applying tea tree oil on acne can also help remove acne without drying the skin.
- Cinnamon and Honey Paste – Cinnamon powder mixed with a little amount of honey to make a paste and applied on the affected area overnight is one of the known acne remedies for sensitive skin.
- Grated Raw Potatoes – This can serve as a face mask for treating acne on sensitive skin. The mask should be left for around 15 minutes on skin before rinsing.
The best thing about home remedies for treating acne is that they are very economical to use as they are quite cheap to purchase or are readily available in the pantry or backyard garden. However, home remedies may take some time to take effect or may be effective only for certain types of acne and not on all skin types.
Alternative Acne Cures
Laser Acne Treatment
Although some of the home remedies for acne may work, some people are not satisfied with their effectiveness. This is the primary reason for them to look on alternative and faster ways to treat acne. One of them is laser acne treatment. Different types of laser acne treatment are now used depending on the type of acne. Most popular are blue light therapy, infrared light therapy, diode laser therapy, and photo-pneumatic therapy. These types of laser treatment may provide a faster cure for acne when compared to home remedies but they may not be as effective in treating all types of acne and are not also applicable to all skin types especially for those with darker or sensitive skin.
Over-The-Counter Acne Remedies
Another option for those looking for a faster way to prevent or eliminate acne and reduce the appearance of scarring is through over-the-counter medication, supplement, or ointment. This type of treatment has the most number of users and is considered by many acne sufferers as the most effective way to prevent, treat, and totally eliminate acne and its scars. However, one of the challenges of this type of treatment is that there are just so many of them on the market now, from all-natural organic ingredients to a combination of natural and scientific ingredients. And it can be quite difficult to choose which among these products really works. But with the help of acne reviews and various resources online, choosing the best products for acne remedies can become simpler and easier. You can click here to check out the Top 5 Best Acne Products on the market today.