Most people will think of carrots as healthy food which promotes good eyesight and that is true. The vitamin A contained in carrots does wonders to support and promote eye health but do you know that eating carrots or drinking carrot juice can also give you healthy skin? If you have never tried carrots for acne before, you are long overdue and below are some of the top benefits you can get from carrots for acne breakouts.
Try Carrots for Acne
- Carrots prevent skin dryness. Do you know that people with dry skin can also suffer from acne? If you have dry skin and acne, you can munch on some carrots or guzzle carrot juice since they are rich in potassium which is very effective in preventing dryness of skin. This also works for folks who suffer from psoriasis or eczema.
- Carrots reduce blemishes and scars. Do you have blemishes? Do you have scars? Perhaps you even have both—whatever your case may be, you can remedy those blemishes and acne scars by drinking carrot juice instead of just eating carrots. You can even juice organic carrots and take some leftover liquid to dab directly onto your scars and blemishes.
- Carrots keep skin hydrated. Carrot juice has a very light and sweet flavor which is extremely refreshing. Instead of reaching for soda which does absolutely nothing for your skin and health, grab some carrot juice instead. You get all the vitamins and minerals you need, plus your body and skin will stay hydrated.
- Carrots are a good source of essential oils. Another good reason to try carrots for acne is because it contains essential oils which are very good for the digestive system. Do bear in mind that when your digestive system is out of whack, so is your entire body and this results in acne breakouts. If you want a beverage which multitasks and works to keep you healthy inside and out, carrot juice is the answer.
- Carrots are a great source of Vitamin A. Vitamin A isn’t just good for your eyes; it also works wonders on your skin. Simply by partaking of carrot juice on a regular basis, you help promote tissue growth in your body and this includes your skin.
- Carrots have Vitamin C. This vitamin is more common to people with colds but it is also great for skin health. When you have adequate amounts of vitamin C in the body, you can help stimulate the production of collagen on the skin which makes it suppler and more able to fight off germs, bacteria and sun damage.
- Carrots can remedy uneven skin tone. Uneven skin tone is unsightly so whether yours is caused by acne scars or sun exposure, you can count on carrot juice to come to the rescue. You can try drinking carrot juice and waiting for a few weeks for effects or you can apply some of it directly on your skin.
Carrots for the Health
You can never go wrong with carrots and carrot juice. Whether you use carrots for acne or for overall body health, you simply cannot lose with this vegetable. Cook it or juice it, you get all its benefits either way.