In this life, there are some things that you just cannot escape – taxes, death, sickness, bad hair days, and acne. Everyone gets acne at some point and if you are getting horrible acne breakouts more and more frequently yet you follow a stringent skin care routine, there might just be some things that you are missing. You see, there are many things that can cause acne and while some are more obvious there are also sneaky causes of acne that might have never crossed your mind.
Think of acne as the enemy and for you to vanquish acne, you need to know all its causes and this includes the sneaky causes of acne. You will be so amazed at what these causes are and you may even be tempted to kick yourself for doing damage to your skin without even knowing it. Check out these surprising causes of acne:
- Hands – Do you like touching your face? Do you like to rest your chin on your hands? If that is the case then you might just be causing your own acne breakouts. You might not realize it but your hands come in contact with so much dirt and putting your hands on your face introduces all sorts of acne-causing bacteria. Besides, your hands have oils that might just clog pores on your face as well. If you want to get rid of acne then do not touch your face. If you are tempted to fiddle with something, grab a stress ball instead.
- Sweat – Sweating is pretty natural and everyone sweats. If you go to the gym a lot then make sure that you wipe off sweat and that you do not allow it to linger on your skin. Sweat has a lot of oils and dirt mixed into it and if you allow it to linger, it can clog your pores or turn your skin into a breeding ground for bacteria and you do not want that.
- Glasses – If you need to wear glasses then you better be extra vigilant because your glasses give extra opportunity for nose acne. What you can do is to give the area extra special attention during your skin cleansing routine and you can also carry antibacterial wipes with you so you can clean your lenses and frames throughout the day.
- Bangs – you might have a full fringe that makes you look as ravishing as Zoey Deschanel or a light fringe like Halle Berry but do you know that it might cause acne breakouts? When you have bangs that brush your skin, you introduce oils and dirt onto your face that might cause acne. Also, the constant rubbing of hair on your skin might cause irritations.
- Sunscreen – It is good that you wear sunscreen every day since it prevents photo-damage. But if you are not wearing the non-comedogenic kind, do not be surprised to find acne on your face.
So there you have it, the 5 sneaky causes of acne, so you can now combat acne more effectively.