Acne has always caused a lot of problems in our life. It decreases our self-confidence significantly, and having acne can make you seem unhygienic and having an improper diet. But you don’t need to fret, because there is an over-the-counter treatment that can be used for acne. Tretinoin for acne is seen to be a possible solution to those pesky zits. Whether it be for the removal of those acne that just won’t go away, or for those black spots acne leaves behind, using tretinoin for acne is one of the alternative solutions to look into when other chemical products won’t seem to work.
Why Should You Use Tretinoin for Acne?
There are various reasons as to why you should try this topical treatment, and some of the reasons why you should use tretinoin for acne are as follows:
- It is a type of Retin-A. Retin-A is proven to be an effective solution for acne, but having to purchase one means you have to obtain a prescription from your doctor. However, if you go with Tretinoin, you can just purchase it over-the-counter.
- It is a good form of prevention. This topical treatment would stop unwanted zits and blackheads even before they start appearing on your face.
- It is completely safe. The use of this topical drug is completely safe to use, but just like any kind of drug, it is advisable not to make pregnant and lactating moms, and children below the age of 12 to use it.
- Its dosage can be adjusted depending on the intensity of the acne. Tretinoin is an extremely powerful topical solution, which is why it is suggested to start with the lowest dosage first before going for the high ones. Majority of people start with a percentage of 0.05%, and they seem to be fine with its results.
- It can be used for sensitive skin. Tretinoin is seen to work perfectly even on sensitive skin, but for those who use products with skin-whitening properties, it is not advisable to combine the two.
How Should Tretinoin Be Used?
Using tretinoin for acne is completely easy, and there is no science involved behind it. It may be complete common sense for some, but still, let us list down the procedures.
- Make sure to wash and cleanse your face first before using the product. Using your favorite facial wash, gently wash your face to rid it of any sebum. It is best if you do this approximately half an hour before the actual application.
- Use only a small quantity of the product. A small quantity would mean somewhere between 1-2 grams, and directly apply it on your problem spots. Make sure your hands are clean before doing so to avoid irritation.
- Use it exclusively during night time. This ensures that the product gets absorbed fully by the skin. However, if you insist on using it during daytime, make sure that you avoid excessive exposure to the sun. You can wear a wide-brimmed hat to protect your face.