Most people tend to think acne is caused by the things they put on their skin but what they fail to realize is that junk they put inside their bodies and other bad lifestyle choices they make are more serious proponents to acne breakouts. If you want to do away with acne permanently or at least just enjoy better skin overall, you can do so and you do not even have to resort to pricey cosmetics and skin treatments. You just need to make some serious lifestyle changes. Check out some changes you can make below.
How Do You Get Rid of Acne?
These little lifestyle tweaks are not hard to do but they require some dedication. You will be astounded how these simple lifestyle changes can have such an impact on your health and on your skin.
- Clean your mobile phone – if you knew just how dirty your mobile phone was, you would never let it come near your face. However, your dirty phone does come very close to your skin every time you take a call and might just bring about acne. This is very easy to remedy though since all you need to do is wipe it down with antibacterial wipes at the end of the day.
- Ease up on the sugar – you might say your sweet tooth just needs its sugar but satisfying your craving can bring about acne. When you consume vast amounts of sugar your blood glucose level will rise rapidly and this brings about inflammation at a cellular level. When you have excess amounts of insulin floating around in your blood stream this can trigger a cascade of hormones that can lead to an endocrine response which results in higher levels of cells to clog pores. It can also result in excess sebum production. If you must eat something sweet try to go for fruits that have a low glycemic index.
- Break out in sweat – exercise doesn’t only whittle away at your waistline and make you feel better overall but it has tons of benefits for the skin. You bust stress when you exercise, get rid of toxins in the body, and you also improve the circulation. Add the three up and you get a recipe for great skin and a healthier body.
- Style your hair strategically – if you like using gels and pomades on your hair then you may just be a candidate for pomade acne. This is the type of acne caused by hair products getting on the skin and clogging/irritating your pores which then leads to acne breakouts. If you want to avoid this condition, you should apply your hair products before washing your face so any run-off is whisked away.
- Cleanse 2x a day – it doesn’t matter if you do not shower twice a day but you need to cleanse your face twice – morning and night. Your face has lots of oil that can clog pores and you do not want that to lead to pimples and acne. Try to use a gentle non-comedogenic cleanser that suits your skin type.