Like women, men also have their skin concerns, and acne is one of those things. Acne affects people from all age ranges and at some point in their lives, young men may have to deal with mad acne breakouts. For some, these breakouts last only a few months, but there are times when they stay on for much longer. When this happens, knowing the best acne treatment for men is something that can really be of use.
The Best Acne Treatment for Men
Men have different skin care needs compared to women, and while there are tons of different anti-acne solutions for women, men should use those which are specifically made for them. Their hormones are completely different from those of the women, and the products designed for men are made to specifically address their particular skin needs.
If you are looking for the best acne treatment for men, you can try out the following suggestions to see noticeable improvement on your skin:
- Exposed Skin Care – Known as the best acne treatment for 2013, Exposed Skin Care works great for both men and women because of the natural ingredients that it uses along with the chemical ingredients. The Exposed Skin Care system is a complete solution to cleanse your face and kill acne-causing bacteria. Because of the natural ingredients, even men who have more sensitive skin will benefit from Exposed Skin Care.
- ActivClear – ActivClear is a fast-acting anti-acne cream which can be your go-to solution when you want to get rid of acne faster. The main active ingredient is tea tree oil which is known as a great natural acne remedy. Add to that zinc sulfate, some vitamins, and protodioscin which is found in the herb Tribulusterrestis and you have a great acne solution. What’s great about ActivClear is that not only does it clear up your already existing acne, it also prevent further breakouts because of its antiseptic properties.
- Benzoyl Peroxide creams – This is a more generic advice when it comes to choosing the product you will be using to treat acne. Products which contain 2.5% of benzoyl peroxide can zap out acne. These products can also be used as a spot treatment especially if you only have a few problem areas instead of several overlapping pimples on your face.
Extra Tips to Avoid Acne Breakouts for Men
- See if your shaving cream is behind your acne breakouts. If you changed the product you’ve been using and you notice a breakout, revert to the old one to see if your skin matches it better. The same applies to your aftershave.
- Make sure you use clean razors or electric shavers. Bacteria may be lodged into the blades so pay attention to the facial care tools you use. Also, practice careful shaving habits to avoid lodging bacteria into the follicles of your skin.
- Shower after hitting the gym and have a steady skin care routine so your skin will not experience sudden changes which may lead to breakouts.
- Have a healthy diet to provide your body with the natural nutrients it needs for you to have healthier skin.
Consider the acne treatment products mentioned above and fit them into your skin care routine. Combine them with the tips for fewer breakouts and you will see the results you’ve always wanted!