Natural facial cleansing methods may be the solution you are looking for when it comes to restoring the health of your skin without resorting to using harsh chemicals. Since chemical cleansers can strip the natural moisture from your face, cause irritation, or have other negative side effects, learning more about natural facial cleansing methods which are gentler on your skin can be highly beneficial.
- Oil cleansing method – Oil dissolves oil and when you use this chemistry principle on your skin, you will be dissolving the oil buildup that leads to acne breakouts. You can mix olive oil with castor oil in 3:1, 2:2, and 1:3 tablespoon ratios respectively for dry, normal, and oily skin. Since olive oil has a similar pH value to human skin, it is highly nourishing and gives back the moisture you lose from using chemical products. Castor oil, on the other hand, is what would draw out the toxins and oil buildup from your skin. This oil cleansing method is also beneficial for removing makeup that you’ve worn all day. Instead of using makeup remover, take some of the blended oil and use it to wipe makeup off. Then, using a clean cotton ball, clean more thoroughly with another application. Other oils which can be diluted in carrier oils like almond or coconut include lavender and tea tree oil.
- Clay method – Bentonite clay in particular is a great way to cleanse your skin. After removing most of the product by rinsing it with water or using oil to lift it, you can make a bentonite clay mask which you can apply on your skin. It develops a mild electrical charge which will draw toxins out and trap it in the clay—preventing it from going back into your skin. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes or until it dries and wash off with warm water. Close your pores by splashing some cold water before patting your face dry.
- Yogurt, buttermilk, or kefir – Not only are these yummy treats, you can also use them as nourishing facial cleansers. Lactic acid from these products adjusts well with your skin’s natural acidity while breaking down dead skin cells. Make sure however, that you only use organic products. Also, do not apply it close to the eyes as these may cause irritation in that especially sensitive area. These products not just cleanse your skin but gently exfoliate as well.
Benefits of Using Natural Facial Cleansing Methods
- Cheaper – These facial cleansing products are cheaper and are easily available compared to those expensive facial care products. You can buy these from your local supermarket and enjoy the same beautifying benefits!
- Gentler – Compared to chemically manufactured cleansers, these natural facial cleansing ingredients are gentler and more nourishing for your skin. Instead of stripping off moisture and glow, they gradually bring back the lost health of your skin by helping you heal naturally. They also do not lose their effect over time unlike chemical cleansers which seem to lose their effect after a few months of regular use.
- Helps your skin – Chemical products are made to bring in more money to the manufacturers. This is often why they come in sets since one product is almost always designed to achieve just one part of your facial care routine. Natural ingredients can work as cleansers, moisturizers, and exfoliators all in one without the harsh chemical effects on your skin!
- Can be used on a daily basis – While some may be uncomfortable with using these natural ingredients as the sole cleansing method for their skin, you can use it on a daily basis as your cleansing routine before sleeping so that your skin can benefit from the combination of clean skin and a good night’s rest. Cleanse using your regular cleanser in the morning, and use the natural cleanser at night as a good routine to have glowing skin!
You can see the results when you stick to your routine and you’ll realize how glowing skin is just within your reach with these natural options!