Have you tried every anti acne face wash and cream treatment on the market yet find that you still suffer from breakouts? It doesn’t matter how clean, toned, and moisturized your skin is because if you lead an unhealthy lifestyle then chances are you will break out no matter what. If you want to kick acne for good then you should make a vow to not only continue with your skin care routine but also to make some chances to your lifestyle. Some changes are tiny while some may be bigger but the end result will still be a healthier you with far less acne breakouts.
Acne Facts and Tips for Clear Skin
- Get more sleep. According to a study conducted on sleep, you risk getting as much as 14% more psychological stress for every hour of sleep that you lose at night. What does this have to do with your breakouts, you ask? Stress increases the production of glucocorticoid which can lead to skin structure abnormalities which in turn worsens acne.
- Go easy on the sugar. Not only can sugar sabotage your weight loss efforts but it may also be the cause of your acne. When you take too much sugar your blood glucose levels increase at a rapid rate and this results in inflammation. When you have too much insulin in your bloodstream your body is treated to a barrage of hormones and endocrine response which allows for the growth of cells that clog the pores.
- Get some exercise. Exercising not only leads to sweating which means the purging of toxins but it also increases blood flow and regulates hormone levels. All these lead to better skin with fewer breakouts.
- Drink more water. So many things can be avoided if people just drank more water. Not only do you flush out toxins but you also hydrate the skin which means you do not have to suffer from dry skin and acne. You may also drink fresh juices but steer clear of sugary drinks.
- Wear sunscreen. Forget what they say about the sun being good for drying up acne. It does that, yes, but it also dries up everything else. Try to go for the non-comedogenic SPF make up so you get sun protection and clear pores.
- Do not smoke. Smoking is bad for your body. There is nothing good that comes from smoking and if you suffer from acne this is one of the very worst things you can do. Stop it.
- Wash 2x/day. Do not be tempted to wash your face more than twice a day. Try once in the morning and once at night and that should be enough.
- Exfoliate. Use an exfoliator once or twice a week to slough of dead skin cells and rough patches that may clog pored and cause acne.
- Clean your cellphone and glasses. These two items get pretty dirty and can cause acne when they come in contact with your skin. Use anti-bacterial wipes to de-germ them.
- Remove makeup. Remove all traces of makeup before you sleep to allow skin to breathe and regenerate. This also prevents pore blockages.